Complaint Review: AFNI

• Submitted: Tue, November 18, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, November 19, 2008

• Reported By:New York New York
AFNI
404 Brock Dr Bloomington, Illinois U.S.A.

AFNI, Inc. Collection Agency Bloomington Illinois

*Consumer Comment: This is one of the worst Third Party collection agencies

*Consumer Comment: RE:

I too have received a collection notice for a T-Mobile account I supposedly had in 2001 (Yes! 7 years ago). In addition to the applicability of the statute of limitations it is unbelievable that I have to run around looking for documentation from this far back to prove it is not my account (in addition to the fact that after some research I learned that T-Mobile did not exist in the US until 2002...

If you need to get more information about this company here is some info I found out:

Ronald L. Green, President/COO
Illinois License #017000865 Expires 05/31/2009
Address: 404 Brock Dr., Bloomington IL
Phone: (877) 403-0670

Tiran
New York, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2008 07:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AFNI/Bloomington-Illinois-61701/AFNI-Inc-Collection-Agency-Bloomington-Illinois-392620. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AFNI

This is one of the worst Third Party collection agencies

AUTHOR: Stacey - (U.S.A.)

Take John's advice and educate yourself - go to www.budhibbs.com
These is info about these scum suckers there
I spent 5 days in court fighting a loser collection agency like this and won
Hit em where it hurts

AUTHOR: John - (U.S.A.)

DO NOT pay AFNI one penny simply to clear your credit files...If you do you will validate the debt as valid and you will own it....They could then keep this paid defaulted debt on your credit files for years.

Send a letter via Certified Mail + Return Receipt to AFNI stating:

Your firm has damaged by credit rating with your posting of damaging info on my credit file for a debt that does not belong to me.

Per the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, I am requesting written validation of this alleged debt, which includes:

- validation that this alleged debt is within the statute of limitations.

Per the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, the burden to validate the debt falls on the debt collector. It is not my responsibility to validate this alleged debt.

Either validate this alleged debt or remove it from my credit files. If this notation is not removed, I will have no choice by to take legal action per my rights under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act. I also file reports with the Attorney General of Illinois if this bogus notation is not removed from my credit file .