Complaint Review: afni

• Updated: Tue, April 22, 2014

• Reported By: brandie — Mountain Home Idaho
afni
1310 martin luther king drive Bloomington, Illinois USA

afni teied to tell I have collections from a company that got taken over 5 years ago! and to boot...I never used their services!! Bloomington Illinois

I am a sergeant in the Air Force and bad credit absolutely frowned upon...so imagibe my surprise when I received multiple letters in the mail stating that I owed a balance, and that this collections company would setrle for half...I thought it odd because I have never used said service, and that company specified was taken over almost five years ago!  I called afni and was redirected at least two times when finally a female answered just simply hello. She tried to verify my identity by using very basic questions "does your social security number end in 10? Where you born in February? I could tell she was waiting for me to spout the correct I formation...then she replied that they must gotten the wrong person and that I wont receive anymore letters. I also called the origional creditor just to verify and was basically laughed at...thank you for wasting for time!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2014 04:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/afni/Bloomington-Illinois-61702/afni-teied-to-tell-I-have-collections-from-a-company-that-got-taken-over-5-years-ago-and-1140900. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on afni