Complaint Review: AHC Lending Texas

• Updated: Mon, July 01, 2013

• Reported By: SkookumDon — Tacoma Washington
AHC Lending Texas
2300 Valley View Lane Suite 1000 Irving, Texas Irving, TX, Texas USA

AHC Lending Texas AKA ahclending.com Most Difficult and Frustrating Lender I've Ever Dealt With Irving, Texas

*Author of original report: AHC Is Doing Their Best to Help Customers Navigate Today's Mortgage Environment

*Author of original report: Report Update

I purchased a home for my son, as he had to short sale his previous home and was not eligible for a mortgage. My son selected ACH Lending based on a recommendation from colleagues at his new employer- big mistake. This is not a mortgage bank. I wish I had dealt with my own bank or credit union. This turned out to be the most frustrating and difficult mortgage process I have ever encountered, and I have participated in more than 20 personal or business real estate transactions. While the loan officer was very polite, dealing with him was extremely difficult.  At least he could speak English.  I had to resubmit the same documents several times. Every delay, on their part, resulted in a new round of updated forms. We had to explain where every penny for the downpayment came from.  Finally we had to quit making any deposits into our account as AHC would then request additional documents and statements to "prove that we weren't borrowing money to make the down payment".  We signed the documents electronically (We live in the Seattle area, and AHC is in the Dallas area) as is current industry standard, but AHC then made us sign an additional set with original signatures, 157 pages worth.  We notarized all the forms required, but because some of the forms were two-sided, we were then required to file a complete new set with another notary (at least 15 forms needed to be notarized).  Throughout the process, AHC kept asking for additional documents and things they needed and that list never stopped growing or changing. They increased rates and fees during the process. I don't know if they are imcompetent or what. Its amazing to me they can stay in business.  All of this continued up until the closing date and 3 days past closing, with them threating to pull the mortgage and the locked in rate if the additional documents weren't resubmitted as demanded.  I would never, ever, recommend this firm. Not even to my worst enemy.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/01/2013 08:24 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AHC-Lending-Texas/Irving-TX-Texas-75062/AHC-Lending-Texas-AKA-ahclendingcom-Most-Difficult-and-Frustrating-Lender-Ive-Ever-Deal-1063714. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AHC Lending Texas

AHC Is Doing Their Best to Help Customers Navigate Today's Mortgage Environment

AUTHOR: SkookumDon - ()

Since venting my frustrations related to obtaining a recent mortgage through American Heritage Capital (AHC) Lending, I have been able to do more some additional research. I have since learned that much has changed in the world of mortgage finance in the past few years which has made the lending process much more difficult. Various legislative and regulatory acts have complicated the lending industry. While it was frustrating to obtain a mortgage to purchase a second home in Texas - our future retirement home - I now realize that the myriad of forms and submittals were required because of the new lending environment. AHC Lending is a reputable firm and they too lament the many hoops people have to jump through to obtain a mortgage today. Much of the frustration I experienced was of my own making, and I regret venting as I did on this site. Our AHC loan officer (Nate) was courteous, responsive and professional, and did his best to help us through the process.  I would now highly recommend American Heritage Capital (AHC) Lending for your mortgage needs. Just be prepared to provide a lot of documents and complete a lot more paperwork than was required a few years ago.

Report Update

AUTHOR: SkookumDon - ()

I want to clarify my original report. I purchased a second home in Texas, and have allowed my oldest son and his family to live in until my wife and I retire in a couple of years.