Complaint Review: AHMSI - American Home Mortgage Servicing, Inc.

• Submitted: Mon, August 17, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, August 17, 2009

• Reported By: Andrew — Mansfield Texas USA
AHMSI - American Home Mortgage Servicing, Inc.
www.ahmsi3.com Irving, Texas United States of America

AHMSI - American Home Mortgage Servicing, Inc. American Home Mortgage Servicing Inc Poorly ran and disorganized at best. Irving Texas

Avoid these guys like the plague!

With 4 years to go on my 10 year mortgage these guys end up with my note early this year.  Never a late payment, never an issue with with any of the other 3 companies that have had my mortgage.

Now there is a "convenience" fee to pay on-line.  No response from internet request for Terms of Service from the new company.  No response for a Deed of Trust request.  Since we cannot resolve the Deed of Trust, we can't receive royalties on our acerage.  Very frustraiting!

They don't have an agreement with an EDI clearing house to process payment on-line, so you cannot schedule payments. You must go to the website, which has been down frequently.

I got a notice that we did not renew our insurance, we did, about a month and multiple calls to resolve.  Then a notice that our insurance was not an "A' class rating on demotech, it is.  Insurance sent the official notice to AHMSI since the Demotech website listing is not "good enough" to quote one of their agents.

It's been six months and I still have not been able to receive a written (or verbal even) confirmation that this is resolved.  Their customer service has given me answers that range from "it's just informational", to "we may take out an additional policy and charge you".  The question that begs is if it was not important, then why would a written notice be sent?

If you get stuck with these guys owning your mortgage save yourself some time.  Write letters, send them express mail, return receipt, you will need a paper trail for everything.  Good luck attempting to resolve any issue over the phone.

If our intrest rate was not so low from the note 6 years ago, I would already be looking to refinance with a local credit union since they usually keep mortgages local.  Somehow I get the feeling these guys will end up in a class action suit in the future.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2009 12:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AHMSI-American-Home-Mortgage-Servicing-Inc/Irving-Texas-/AHMSI-American-Home-Mortgage-Servicing-Inc-American-Home-Mortgage-Servicing-Inc-Poorly-481129. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AHMSI - American Home Mortgage Servicing, Inc.