Complaint Review: AHS American Home Shield

• Reported By: Elaine — Plano Texas United States of America
AHS American Home Shield
860 Ridge Lake Blvd., Memphis TN 38135 Plano, Texas United States of America

AHS American Home Shield Not Worth It Plano, Texas

AHS is not worth the policy price! In 10 years at an average of $375/year, I could have covered my repairs. The three times I've used them, only once did they replace anything and that was because I challenged them. Initially, I was told to call my homeowner insurance company.

My latest experience was a problem with my water heater. Per the service repairman, there is rust in the water heater but AHS only replaces if leaking. Since the water heater is inside my home, I can't wait for it to leak. When I purchased this house this is exactly what happened and I ended up with a homeowner insurance claim to replace carpet in four rooms.

I have now cancelled my AHS policy. Do not be tricked into buying this policy because I found out that my homeowners insurance coverage is sufficient and AHS is useless!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/21/2012 09:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AHS-American-Home-Shield/Plano-Texas-75023/AHS-American-Home-Shield-Not-Worth-It-Plano-Texas-972144. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AHS American Home Shield