Complaint Review: Air 1 Moving and Storage

• Updated: Mon, January 20, 2014

• Reported By: David V — Williamsburg Virginia
Air 1 Moving and Storage
11255 Vanowen St North Hollywood, California USA

Air 1 Moving and Storage HORRIBLE** HORRIBLE** DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY! North Hollywood California

I have never hired a moving company prior to this one and will likely never do it again due to the experience with Air 1 Moving and Storage. I was quoted $1100.00 for 200 cubic feet from Mary at Air 1 Moving and Storage, only to have 3 unprofessional arabic men show up at my door stating that I was way over 200 cubic feet. I was pleasant with them and stated that all the items that were on the inventory list provided to Air 1 moving prior to my move date was estimated to be 200 cubic feet. I agreed that if the items exceeded the 200 cf I would pay for the additional. Once all my items were loaded into the moving truck, it was exactly 200 cf but the driver still argued that I was over by 100 cf and said that it would be $1700.00 for this move. I called the office and tried to plead my case with them and even emailed a picture showing that I was at the 200 cf that I was quoted. The office called the driver and they started to converse in a arabic language and I was told I had no choice but to pay or they were instructed to unload my items. I was furious and had no other choice but to pay the additional $600.00. When my items arrived in Williamsburg,VA they were wet and smashed. My $2000.00 mattress arrived with holes in it and was water logged, nearly all my items were essentially garbage! I filed a claim  with their insurance company and it has been 6 months and I have yet to receive a penny for my damages. Please consider another company before you make a HUGE!! mistake.

David V

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/20/2014 01:26 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Air-1-Moving-and-Storage/North-Hollywood-California-91605/Air-1-Moving-and-Storage-HORRIBLE-HORRIBLE-DO-NOT-USE-THIS-COMPANY-North-Hollywood-C-1117016. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Air 1 Moving and Storage