Complaint Review: Air around the clock

• Updated: Tue, July 16, 2013

• Reported By: Hal — Lauderhill Florida
Air around the clock
11840 NW 41st Street, Coral Springs, FL 33065 Lauderhill, Florida USA

Air around the clock ATC false claim that non functioning item Lauderhill Florida

I bought my house 4 years ago, AC worked ok, but always found that one side of the house was always colder than the other. Seeing that Air around the clock had a 19.95 AC special, i decided to give them a try seeing them highly publicized.

When the tech came, I told him of the issue i was having but other than that the unit worked well. The Tech checked my thermostat, then when the unit stopped ( which is should once set temperature is achieved) he claimed my fan wasn't working. I followed him in the Attic where he used his Iphone as a flashlight holding it in his mouth at time opened my Air handler and told me than my circuit board was bad thus my handler fan wasn't working.  I asked how could that be when it was just working before you walked in the door. States he doesn't know but it isn't functional now.

He did bypass the circuit board, problem is unit ran nonstop. He quoted me on the spot that the board was going the cost $325 if he should order it. Decided to back to him. Feeling uneasy by the encounter, I had another AC guy verify the claim. Turned out there was nothing wrong with my circuit board. Unit was working fine. No issues since then.

To make matters worse, I called the company and spoke the supervisor Brian. He was very dismissive, third degree the entire conversation. Tried to convince me  that stopped working when my tech was here, but may start working after, stressed that was the nature of circuit boards. I may not a lot about AC's but i know when someone is trying to BS me. I guess if management has this approach, not much more can be expected of the average worker.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2013 02:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Air-around-the-clock/Lauderhill-Florida-33319/Air-around-the-clock-ATC-false-claim-that-non-functioning-item-Lauderhill-Florida-1067506. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Air around the clock