Complaint Review: Air Factor Heating and Cooling

1048 S Sirrine Mesa, Arizona USA

Air Factor Cooling and Heating Air Conditioning Specialist Mesa Arizona

*Author of original report: Total Lies

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: What really happened

On October 3rd, 2013 Air Factor Cooling & Heating tried to extort money from my family! Their so called Service Technician, came to my home (Only my 78yr old mother was home at the time they arrived), and immediately told my mother that our AC did not work. Then my mother turn the system on, and it was blowing cold air like it has in the past. The Service Technician then went on the roof and pulled apart our system, and then came back down (I arrived at this time) and told me that because there was no condensation line hooked up and some sludge in the pan and a wire that was going to be exposed in the future, the system now does not work, and I would have to pay $200 to $800 to getting it running again. I told the Service Technician that this seemed like extortion to me, as the system was working prior and that my mother showed him it worked. He then actually stated that yes it did, but since i took it apart, its not going to work unless i agree to pay them money. I asked the Service Technician if he was threatening me in my own home, and he got up and walked out and said have a nice day. I then called the office, and they said they would investigate it and call me back (They never called). I went outside, and the Technician came off the roof and stated that i talked to my boss, and he made me check to make sure i did not cause this, but i did cause the issue. I scrapped my screwdriver along a part when taking your system apart and caused it not to work. I have gerry rigged it to work, but when you shut it off and back on its not going to work again. I then took a picture of the Technicians license plate to prove he was there. I later called the company and let them know that the Technician admitted that he caused the damage and if it does not work, they will need to repair the damage the Technician cause, as it was working when he got here. The Owner bill got mad at me stating that i did not get any upgrades the last time they were here so they were not going to do anything. Not realizing the reason i agreed to have them here in the first place was the excellent service i received on the first visit where his Technician stated my system was fine and should last for years. When i told the owner that i think his company has a responsibility to repair what his Technician stated he broke, he hung up on me. I then called Phoenix Police (Report# 3013-01764773). When the officers came out, they stated this is a common practice for these companies to do and make sure that you are using one of the bigger companies so you don't get this type of crooks that try to extort money from you. If my system fails due to being admit-tingly by their Technician, i will continue to keep everyone updated, as i will sue them in court to hopefully stop them from doing this to you. I will also continue to post this across all Social Media until as such time the make this situation right!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/30/2013 01:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Air-Factor-Heating-and-Cooling/Mesa-Arizona-85210/Air-Factor-Cooling-and-Heating-Air-Conditioning-Specialist-Mesa-Arizona-1095779. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Air Factor Heating and Cooling

Total Lies

AUTHOR: Mattoxaz - ()

When Air Factors Technicain came to my home, my A/c Unit was working. They did say that I could use some maintenance and at a cost of $200, $400, $600, or $800. If i did not choose one of those they told me my A/C unit is not going to work then when they leave. When I told them I would call the Police (Which I did to report them - See Report Number in Original Complaint), the Technician admitted to tampering with my system so it would not come on, and he would turn it back on before he left. When I called the Owner, He said "If im not buying anything, he doesnt care", and hung up on me! Use these shysters at your own risk - Dont beleive me Call Phoenix Police, They ststed they have tons of reports from this company, not just mine!

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

What really happened

AUTHOR: BillG - ()

We have been out to Mattoxaz's home on three separate occasions.

During the 7/25/11 visit we repaired his system and he was happy.

During the 2/2/12 visit we performed a tune up on his system and recommended two repairs.  (1) Blower Motor and Capacitor, (2) Contactor.  The notes on this invoice even say, “Indoor blower motor failure is imminent”.  Mattoxaz declined these repairs. (No repair work was performed).

On 10/3/13 we went out for another tune up at his request.  The air filter was completely plugged up with dirt.  The tech noted that the fan was not running so he went on the roof to investigate.  The Blower Motor and Capacitor was still bad and was now in worse condition than last visit.  He got the motor to run but advised him it wouldn't last.

Mattoxaz then blamed our technician for breaking his system.  He refused to pay for the tune up visit and has still never paid us.

As Mattoxaz never made any of the recommended repairs from the 2/2/12 visit; so of course it was still failing but worse at the time of the 10/3/13 visit.

Mattoxaz called and wanted me to fix his system for free and was verbally abusive and completely irrational.  I am willing to work with someone who is reasonable but he would not calm down and talk.  Due to this approach, I don’t know that I feel comfortable sending our technician to your home.

Institute