Sheets

• Updated: Sun, June 16, 2013

• Reported By: LynMCo — Poway California
Airport Car Rental
588 North Highway 101 Leucadia, California USA

Airport Car Rental Over Priced, Dishonest, Deceptive Business Practices Leucadia California

I rented a 2001 beat up Chevy Prism with 157319 miles on it for 2 weeks. I paid $320 per week. there was a $500 cash deposit. I was strongly encouraged to leave the deposit in cash instead of on my debit card as originally planned. I was told that getting the money credited back to my card "could take months." I was NEVER TOLD that my deposit would be returned as a check and that I wouldn't receive it the day I returned the car. I also was NEVER TOLD there was no smoking allowed in the car.

There was nothing on the contract. Nothing displayed on the walls. Let's be clear, this car had seen better days. The headliner was torn up. There were cigarette burns in the back seat. The driver side window was misaligned. As such, there was a gap at the top that was annoying while traveling on the freeway. The radio was after market and a piece of crap. Also the ashtray was dirty. I used the music library on my phone the majority of the time. Anyways, I brought the car back a day early. That's when I find out my deposit would be mailed to me!!

Furthermore, that they'd be withholding $40-100 due to the smoking!! Are you freaking kidding me? I paid $740. to this company to rent a 12 year old, torn up car. They have the nerve to scam more money out of me? It's been FOUR DAYS and I have yet to see my money. Stay away from this company! They'll take you for every cent simply because they think they can. The only rentals they have are junk cars. The guy had the nerve to quote me a sell price of $3,000! A 12 year old car with 157319 miles?! Get real!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2013 05:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Airport-Car-Rental/Leucadia-California-92024/Airport-Car-Rental-Over-Priced-Dishonest-Deceptive-Business-Practices-Leucadia-Califor-1059593. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Airport Car Rental