Complaint Review: Airvoice Wireless - Airvoice Unlimited

• Updated: Fri, March 26, 2010

• Reported By: freshshelby — Atlanta Georgia United States of America
Airvoice Wireless - Airvoice Unlimited
2425 Franklin Road Bloomfield Hills, Michigan United States of America

Airvoice Wireless - Airvoice Unlimited Lies to customers, practices deception, misleads, and steals Bloomfield Hills, Michigan

I am having a problem with the new wireless cell phone service that I signed up for in February of 2010. The company called, Airvoice Wireless/Airvoice Unlimited, is apparently practicing very unethical and deceptive business practice, and I am interested in finding out how many others have been victimized by this company.

On Monday, March 21, 2010, I attempted to make my first payment by following the instructions on the brochure that a local agent gave me. When I gave the Western Union agent my cell phone number, the name Airvoice was nowhere to be found. I told the WU agent to go ahead and process my payment because my minutes had already expired and I needed my service back on in order to operate my business. After 2 hours, I called Airvoice and asked how long until my service is restored, and was told that there is no record of my having made a payment even though I had a receipt from Western Union. I was then given a completely different set of instructions from what is listed on their brochure as to how to make the payment. I followed those instructions, which included purchasing some type of card from another company unaffiliated with Airvoice, then using Paypal to make the payment. Did this, but still Airvoice refused to turn my service back on, however debited the payment of $50 from my bank account. This company has taken a total of $100 from me, yet refuses to restore my cell phone service, giving me one excuse after another -- the runaround. To make matters worse, AT&T has partnered with this company to allow them to use their cell towers. Local agents are advertising on craigslist, offering to flash any phone, including Blackberrys and iPhone for as low as $25. A local agent, an Asian guy named Twan in Smryna, that I dealt with lied and told me that I would have unlimited text capability, but have had to delete text messages in order to receive new ones.

I have filed a complaint with the Georgia Attorney General's Office, and the FCC, however I want the general public to be aware of this company -- to steer clear of them. I would also like them to lose their rights to conduct any further business within the state of Georgia, and eventually nationwide. In the meantime, it would be nice to get my money back!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2010 09:12 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Airvoice-Wireless-Airvoice-Unlimited/Bloomfield-Hills-Michigan-48302/Airvoice-Wireless-Airvoice-Unlimited-Lies-to-customers-practices-deception-misleads-585790. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Airvoice Wireless - Airvoice Unlimited