Complaint Review: AIU Online

• Updated: Mon, September 12, 2011

• Reported By: Elizabeth — Yuba City California United States of America
AIU Online
5550 Prarie Stone Parkway Hoffman Estates, Illinois United States of America

AIU Online Lied and Manipulated me into attending their school. Hoffman Estates , Illinois

I was looking into continuing my education after i graduated high school in 2007.  I looked into several schools, and AIU Online seemed like it might be a good fit for me.  I filled out the information request form, and an advisor contacted me within the next day.

I had to pay for the application fee, and write an essay of why i should be accepted. Everything sounded pretty normal to me, nothing struck me as odd.

Before i filled out the loan application so i could finish the final steps to get into the school, the advisor told me that as long as i did not attend the second course of the program, i would not be responsible for paying back the student loan.

Since this seemed to good to be true, the advisor even told my mother the same thing.  Thinking that that was a good deal, and just wanting to try it out, i went ahead and filled out all the necessary paperwork, and was approved for the student loan.

Well i did the 5 weeks of the first course, and i decided that i could not further my education with an online school, so i contacted the advisor again, and told her i couldn't continue with the course.  She seemed upset, which i thought was odd, because i don't know why she didn't want me to do what was going to be best for me, what i know now is she needed me to stay in the program so she could continue scamming me.

Well since i was under the impression that i wouldn't have to pay the loan i received back, i was very shocked to find out that i really was responsible for the loan, and that the advisor with the school lied to me.

When i called the school, they told me in fact that i had been lied to, but there was nothing i could do about it, that i would still be responsible for the loan. I called the loan company and they also told me there was nothing i could do, that i would have to take up any complaints i had with the school.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2011 05:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AIU-Online/Hoffman-Estates-Illinois-/AIU-Online-Lied-and-Manipulated-me-into-attending-their-school-Hoffman-Estates-Illinoi-774094. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AIU Online