Complaint Review: AIY Properties

• Updated: Sun, November 25, 2012

• Reported By: Evan — Lakewood Ohio United States of America
AIY Properties
12215 Clifton Blvd. Lakewood, Ohio United States of America

AIY Properties Landlord and realtor, Joe Audino. Criminal landlord! They will steal your money and victimize you! They are con artists! Lakewood, Ohio

I lived in the Lakewood Club apartments off of Hird Ave, owned by AIY. I lived there for one year.  It says in the lease that the tenant must give 60 days notice when moving out or the lease automatically renews. My lease took me through April 30, 2011. I turned in the notice on March 2. There are 31 days in March, so no problem, right?

About an hour after I turned in the notice, Joe Audino called me and claimed I was ONE SINGLE DAY late turning in my notice. Therefore, he said, I was responsible for another year of lease. He also informed me that the only way for me to escape this was to pay him the equivalent of 3 months of rent amounting to $1350. When I told him that was not going to happen he said he was going to sue me.

Of course I still moved out by April 30 and didn't give AIY one more dime. I cleaned the apartment thoroughly and left the place in pristine condition. Joe Audino realized he had no case against me, so he did the next best thing. He stole my security deposit. In the next two and a half months I sent him two emails and a letter in the mail asking about my security deposit. Finally he responded by sending me a bill of completely bogus cleaning charges. He actually had the audacity to claim they spent 4 hours cleaning the kitchen and bathroom even though I already cleaned it myself! He claimed I owed them $150.

I was a good tenant who always paid my rent on time and left the apartment clean and in good repair when I left, and this is how they treat me. These are the type of people we're dealing with.

If they treated me this way, I thought it was safe to assume they did this to others. So I started a Facebook page and posted hundreds of fliers all over Lakewood to advertise it. The response has been overwhelming, and I am shocked by the amount of evil that has been committed by this company, and continues to happen. Please check out the page.  http://www.facebook.com/groups/261864170497283/

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/25/2012 09:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AIY-Properties/Lakewood-Ohio-44107/AIY-Properties-Landlord-and-realtor-Joe-Audino-Criminal-landlord-They-will-steal-your-m-973577. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AIY Properties