Complaint Review: AJ Richie

• Reported By: JeffL — California
AJ Richie
3518 Flatlands Ave Kings, NY, 11234 Kings, New York USA

AJ Richie AJ Richies Less-than-honorable business practices Kings New York

I ordered a camera, and from their website, determined that it would be here a couple of days before Christmas. A week after ordering I received an email saying that they had been trying to get a hold of me many "different ways" and that my order cannot be processed until I call them. First, I never received an email or a phone call from them. I checked the spam folders, and nothing was there either. The only email that I received from them was a confirmation of my order. Strike one.

When I called I was immediately submitted to an attempted upsell for an additional battery, by asking, "Do you want the 2 hour or 5 hour battery" What? If somebody didn't know any better they would immediately say "5 hour battery", but I said "whatever one comes stock with the camera". I was then told that the camera would arrive in 2-4 weeks because they "oversold the camera during the holidays". How does this happen with modern inventory control? What? Strike two.

After thinking a bit more, I called back to get clarification on the ship date, and was told that it would be here on Dec 28 (a week away). So which is it?

Finally my nose told me something was up, and I looked at Yelp reviews. Sure enough, this is their typical mode of operation. I took special offense at waiting a week to upsell me on a battery, and then feeling like I was subject to shipping extortion. Strke three.

I decided to not do business with a company I couldn't trust, and cancelled my order. Read the reviews, you will be happy to pay a few extra bucks for your gear elsewhere. Read the reports, they are nearly identical. I was lucky to read them prior to getting charged.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2013 10:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AJ-Richie/Kings-New-York-11234/AJ-Richie-AJ-Richies-Less-than-honorable-business-practices-Kings-New-York-1108321. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AJ Richie