Complaint Review: ajrichies.com

• Submitted: Wed, February 01, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, February 01, 2012

• Reported By: ripped off by ajrichies.com — San Francisco California United States of America
ajrichies.com
7309 20th Ave Brooklyn, New York United States of America

ajrichies.com ajrichard.com Overcharged $300 for batteries Brooklyn, New York

On January 11 2012, I ordered a Canon VIXIA camcorder from Ajrichies.com because of the low price advertised on their website. I did not receive an order confirmation email after I placed my credit card order - which originally totaled $1,139.90 including shipping within 1-2 business days - so I called on January 12 to confirm the order. During the call, I was upsold two "extra long life" batteries by the sales guy named Morris who told me "you need Canon original equipment manufacturer (OEM) batteries otherwise the camcorder warranty will be voided". Morris assured me the batteries he was sending were Canon EOM BP-827 batteries, valued at $145 each; that he was giving me a "2-for-1 special manager's price". Morris kept adding more stuff to his "special deal" which now included a "special UV filter" and a "special camera kit with a tripod and lens protector accessories". When all was said and done, my order total had increased to $1454.32, a difference of $314.42.

I had paid for overnight shipping and the camcorder arrived on January 13. When I opened the box, there were 2 'Sakar-brand BP-808 replacement batteries' in the package, which were not at all what Morris had sold me on the phone the day before. I called Ajrichies.com sales number 888-871-1256 and this time spoke to a guy named Steve. I explained to Steve they sent the wrong batteries and I needed him to give me a RMA number with an address to send back the batteries.

I also looked up the prices on the other upsold goods they sent me and did the math: Ajrichies.com charged me $314.42 for a pair of $20 "Sakar-brand BP-808 replacement batteries", a $10 UV filter and a $10 "digital camera starter kit". I was overcharged at least $275.00.

On January 16, 2012, I sent back the 'Sakar-brand BP-808 replacement batteries' and I paid for shipping. I called Steve and said that I was expecting him to ship me 2 Canon EOM BP-827 batteries and he said that is what they would send me. Today, February 1, 2012, two weeks later, I got the package. Ajrichies sent me another pair of cheap Sakar-brand batteries worth about $60.

End of story: I was overcharged at least $235.00. Do not buy anything from Ajrichies.com. They are lying, deceitful scum. Shut them down.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/01/2012 07:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ajrichiescom/Brooklyn-New-York-11204/ajrichiescom-ajrichardcom-Overcharged-300-for-batteries-Brooklyn-New-York-832551. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ajrichies.com