Complaint Review: ajrichies.com

• Submitted: Tue, March 20, 2012
  • Updated: Tue, March 20, 2012

• Reported By: NJPinWashington — Marysville Washington United States of America

ajrichies.com ajrichards Misrepresentation of products Internet

I put in an order for a Canon 5DMkII on 3/18/12 for $1,859. I received an email indicating the order processing would take 1-3 days, to call to expedite. I had no need of paying for expedited shipping or handling so I waited.

On 3/20/12, I received a call from "Michael" to verify my information. I verified my address, he asked if I would like to buy a battery, I declined. He asked if I wanted to buy the product protection, I declined. He then said that the item is a gray market, imported camera body and that the markings would not be in English.

I was immediately on guard, having read reviews of just this type of thing happening. He tried to tell me that the website listing said that it was gray market, but it obviously didn't, and that they also sell the US version for $2,099, wouldn't I like to buy it. I advised I would not and I will not and to cancel my order immediately. As if I would trust this company once they've played the misrepresent/fraud/bait and switch game on me.
I will go pay $300+tax more to buy it from a reputable retailer. Please believe the reviews that are bad, they are true. I was hoping it wouldn't all be bad but it was.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2012 07:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ajrichiescom/internet/ajrichiescom-ajrichards-Misrepresentation-of-products-Internet-857000. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ajrichies.com