Complaint Review: Alabama Toys and Teacups

• Reported By: valleylivin — Huntsville Alabama
Alabama Toys and Teacups
621 N Brindlee Mountain Pkwy Arab, Alabama USA

Alabama Toys and Teacups PUPPY MILL BROKER Arab Alabama

I purchased my puppy two months ago. According to the listing on the Alabama Toys and Teacups website, the female puppy was a Morkie whose dam was a Maltese who weighed 5 pounds and sire was a Yorkie who weighed 3.5 pounds and that this puppy would weigh 3.5 to 5 pounds when full grown.

I was not allowed to see the puppy prior to pickup. Other than that this appeared to be a legitimate breeder who raises these puppies with love in her home. I was taken aback when I received no registration papers or vet records when I picked her up at the "storefront".

I had already paid her $800 plus $88 for "handling fee???" so it was too late to change my mind. The next day I took my puppy to my veterinarian for a check up and she weighed 3 pounds, eight ounces. He estimated her adult weight to be 16-18 pounds and said she had been misrepresented by the "breeder".

She is now 4 1/2 months old and weighs 8 pounds. She has thin wiry hair and long legs. She looks nothing like a Morkie. These puppies are bought from puppy mills and resold by Merry Melton Daniels at Alabama Toys and Teacups under false pretenses. I would never knowingly support a puppy mill! Please understand, I love my puppy very much but I would never have paid $888 for a puppy of unknown lineage.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/02/2014 08:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alabama-Toys-and-Teacups/Arab-Alabama-35016/Alabama-Toys-and-Teacups-PUPPY-MILL-BROKER-Arab-Alabama-1135844. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alabama Toys and Teacups