Complaint Review: Alamo Car Rental

501 Mccormick Dr # J, Glen Burnie, Maryland United States of America

Alamo Car Rental Damage Report Scam Glen Burnie, Maryland

*Author of original report: Continued Frustration

*UPDATE Employee: BWI damage claim

Alamo Rental Co - BWI reported damage to a vehicle rented on January 25, 2011.  When I picked up the vehicle, no inspection was provided or offered.  Upon returning the vehicle, after a severe snow storm, extensive inspection took place by Alamo's agent.  At this time a 1.5 inch scratch was discovered.  I am now being asked to pay for the repair, lost income, etc. totalling $484.82.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/14/2011 12:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alamo-Car-Rental/Glen-Burnie-Maryland-21061-8205/Alamo-Car-Rental-Damage-Report-Scam-Glen-Burnie-Maryland-695282. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alamo Car Rental

Continued Frustration

AUTHOR: Msusue - (United States of America)

I have gone through the steps offered by a possible Alamo representation who must be in charge of reading these reports, name of Elizabeth.  Elizabeth took my information and shared with Andrew Wendler for review.  It has been his decision that the claim still stands.  I am not sure what to do now.

I know that the scratch in question was not done to the car when I had possession of it.  I did see the scratch when I dropped the car back off.  I could not have seen it, even if I had inspected the entire car before leaving on the rental day as the car was covered with water.  I would have had to dry the car off.

I will be sharing this with my State Senator as an obvious "ripoff."  I have read enough other reports to wonder if this entire process is a spam by some non-related company.

BWI damage claim

AUTHOR: Alamo Rent A Car - (USA)

Hi Sue, have you called our Damage Recovery Unit (DRU)? They can be reached at 800-327-0421 and you may file a dispute of this claim with them.

Should you need any assistance after calling DRU, you may email me at care[at]alamo.com with your full name, the rental agreement and damage claim number. When emailing list reference #110216-002619 in the subject line.

- Elizabeth with Alamo Rent A Car