Complaint Review: Alamo

6 TOMAHAWK DR Boston, Massachusetts USA

Alamo Claim on a damaged car rental Boston Massachusetts

*Author of original report: Problem Resolved

*UPDATE Employee: Alamo Cares

On October 25th I've made the mistake of renting a car from Alamo. Me and friend had a meeting in NYC on that next day, so we rent a car to go from Boston to NYC. When we were 1h away from NYC the engine of the car started over heating and we had to stop the car and call Alamo. They sent us a towing truck in order to return the car back at the closest location and get another one. Ok then, we were very close to Westchester Airport so we went there with the towing truck. Once we got there the car was checked and properly returned. But somehow they didn't have any cars available to offer us (Customer Center sent us to that location affirming that they would have a car). So we were forced to get a cab to Laguardia Airport and get a from National. By that time it was 10pm and we have missed our meeting. They finally could find us a car but from a different category that we have rented at the first place. [continued below]....

..... The next day we came back to Boston, returned the second car at Logan Airport and I explained the whole situation to the manager Matt Scioli, that we have lost our meeting and our whole weekend. So they resolve it by giving us the rental for free. It didn't make us forget all the stressful situation that we've been through, but we accepted that, having the feeling of never renting a car from Alamo again. The worst part come next, after almost one month later, today is November 18th and I've received an email claiming that the car that we have delivered at Westchester Airport was damaged and we must pay over than $1,500 for it!! I can't believe this!! After all we've been through because of Alamo they are trying to trick us!! The car was NEVER damaged by us, the car was checked when we returned. I don't care what happened next to our returning (almost 1 month later) and this responsibility won't be on us!! These rental car companies should be ashamed for this kind of trick on customers, there is tons of complaints about the same situation and you guys still doing this?! I want a response from Alamo about this whole situation and they must take this charge off because I'm not paying anything neither my insurance company for something that wasn't my fault at all. I’ve already contacted BBB to report this abuse and lack of integrity by Alamo.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/18/2013 09:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alamo/Boston-Massachusetts-02128/Alamo-Claim-on-a-damaged-car-rental-Boston-Massachusetts-1100485. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alamo

Problem Resolved

AUTHOR: Eduardo Sousa - ()

Alamo contacted me today and we resolved the issue. Thank you.

Alamo Cares

AUTHOR: Alamo Rent A Car - ()

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.  As customer service is of the utmost importance, we would like the opportunity to look into this concern for you. Please contact us at Care@alamo.com with complete details, including your contact information, rental agreement number and any further information regarding this experience.

When emailing, please list Reference Number 131119-001184 in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,