• Report: #1119749

• Updated: Thu, January 30, 2014

• Reported By: Siqi — Stanford California
Alamo
725 S HARBOUR ISLAND BLVD TAMPA, Florida USA

Alamo Charged credit card for damage WITHOUT sending me report as promised! TAMPA Florida

*Author of original report: Local branch not cooperative

*UPDATE Employee: Alamo Cares

The story is, my gf and me rent a car at Tampa airport for only one day on Jan 2014. The airport garage was dark, and the representative didn't offer to check the vehicle condition before driving away. We were hungry for food so forgot to do so. I admit, my bad. On the second day when we returned the car at a different location, the staff found a ~4-inch long scratch on the body, and claimed it's my responsbility. Certainly I didn't damage the car, but it left unclear whether someone else did during my posession, or it's simply existed before my posession, although their was no record of the damage in their system (who knows how well they update such info). Again, I admit it's my bad, didn't buy insurance for the 24-hour period.

Because we were in a hurry for a cruise, we left credit card number, a deposit for $500 for the repair. The representative promised there will be detailed report of damage estimate and cost estimate for us. And he said he will call after we finishes the cruise trip, which sounded nice. However, after 3 weeks, no calls at all, and the transcation of $500 was processed.

I don't think it's fair for them to charge the money before contacting me to reach an agreement on the numbers. He tricked us saying it would be more or less than $500, and the actual number depends on the report by adjuster. And in this way, they got the money already, leaving me with no chance to dispute the claim. I should have the right to accept or dispute the final charges. And I don' think charging without any written report is valid in my case.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2014 08:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alamo/TAMPA-Florida-33602/Alamo-Charged-credit-card-for-damage-WITHOUT-sending-me-report-as-promised-TAMPA-Florida-1119749. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alamo

Local branch not cooperative

AUTHOR: ttt47 - ()

Thanks a lot for the help, Chris. Now the DRU decided to take care of the damage and costs for my satisfcation. It's alleged the refund will be done within 14 busisnes days. I called the headquarters, and they said they've done what they could. The current status is "pending", due to nonresponsive of the local brach at Westin Alamo, Tampa FL. I called this front desk, with staff asking me to call the local manager instead. And this manager gentleman, Brain, kept me on hold for 15 MINUTES!. I called again and he promised to call me back in 30 minues, which didn't happen at all. Now I have to wait for tomorrow.

It actually turned my heads when the DRU agreed to refund me. But I am now pissed off by the behavior of this local branch. I am a customer and I cannot keep calling all day and/or waiting for calls all day. I believe Alamo regard all customers as equally important, and I deserve a better service on the final step of this issue.

Alamo Cares

AUTHOR: Alamo Rent A Car - ()

Siqi,

Customer service and satisfaction are very important to us at Enterprise. I would like to follow up with you. Please email me at care@enterprise.com with the complete details, exact renting location, and any rental agreement numbers. Please reference #140203-002355.  I look forward to hearing from you soon, thank you. Chris, Social Media Monitor, Enterprise Rent-A-Car