Complaint Review: Alarm Force

• Reported By: Very Alarmed — South St. Paul Minnesota
Alarm Force
675 Garyray Drive North York, Ontario Canada

Alarm Force Be Alarmed and read fine print! North York Ontario Canada

Read that fine print! They lock you in for 3 years and YOU can't cancel for ANY reason!

When I called at the end of my 3 year contract to stop services they said I had to fill out a form and send in the equipment before I could cancel. They failed to tell me it had to be with in two weeks of my contract ending or it would renew for another year automatically. It took them 3 weeks for the packet to cancel arrived and wouldn't you know it, it was also past my 2 week grace period. So they billed me for $300+ to pay out my auto renew contract.
Mind you, I was a customer that paid every month, never had a call into the company for any break ins or even false alarms. In my standards I was a exemplary customer. They didn't care. Customer Service was a joke - they could care less and even said I would be sent to collections and in Canada it would be worse so the gal said "its better if you just pay the outstanding balance". For what? I had to pay for services that I no longer wanted, needed or had the equipment for???
I filled out the paperwork, wrote my letter of disappointment in the product and canceled my services. They continued to send me invoices for $300+ with wrong dates of service. I ignored them because I did everything right, but because they had a convoluted return/cancellation policy I had to pay for services I did not want.
6 months after I get a phone call from billing department telling me I was $187.46 past due, when I asked about the $300+ bill they kept sending me she claimed it was only for the $187.46. So if I had paid the invoice amount I would have been out an additional $125+
I believe these people are bullies that do not understand customer service. They get local broadcasters to "pitch" their product so people feel it's a good choice. They have no morals and only want peoples money EVEN if they don't provide services. DO NOT USE and READ before you buy.
I won't go into the installation guy, a 1099 sub contractor that pulled up in a rusted car with broken windshield, un-kept hair and appearance that came from Wisconsin to install my alarm in Minnesota. He plugged my toilet and didn't tell me so I found out about 2 hours later when I stepped in water.
Not the kind of company it projects in advertisments

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2013 11:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alarm-Force/North-York-Ontario-M9L-1P9/Alarm-Force-Be-Alarmed-and-read-fine-print-North-York-Ontario-Canada-1085499. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alarm Force