Complaint Review: ALCO CONSTRUCTION

• Updated: Sun, August 14, 2011

• Reported By: Anonymous — Hopkinsville Kentucky United States of America
ALCO CONSTRUCTION
1340 Quisenberry Lane Hopkinsville, Kentucky United States of America

ALCO CONSTRUCTION AL LEHNE Damaged all my purchased materials. Faulty workmanship. Deception of ability to do job hired for. Hopkinsville, Kentucky

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Anonymous, "We've missed you so much"

*Author of original report: Pictures Prove Shotty Workmanship

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: There's always that "one" customer

*Author of original report: ALCO Construction / Allan Lehne owner, Hopkinsville Kentucky

I hired M. Lehne on June 6, 2011 to pour a 17' x 17' concrete patio with a broom finish and install a pvc (Plastival) privacy fence which consisted of 8 panel and 9 posts.

He was to make 3 half round stairs that were to be 7', 5', and 3' diameter.

I paid him 2,000.00 to pay for 1,720.14 worth of material to be purchased at Lowe's. My receipts show that he did not purchase all materials at Lowe's as he stated. I found out that 500.00 or more of those products were taken from his junk pile in his back yard where he had on hand. He charged me new material price for the junk and lead me to believe he bought them at Lowe's. I found this out later when I asked for all receipts for materials I bought.

The concrete patio has no control, adjustments, or expansion joints. He did not tap forms or solidate pad.It was not cured, nor was it finished during the process of the pour. [continued below]....
..... Which means, he did not roll any edges. After one week it has cracked. The finish is poor, there are valleys, bumps, ridges, and cracks. The edges are cracking off. When asked why he failed to properly pour and do the correct adjustments, he stated the concrete was setting up to fast. . It is a mess!

The steps are off : they ended up being, 5', 4', and the top one was correct at 3' but it is not up to code. They all should have been larger and are not formed correctly. Steops are not sponge floated on the sides and not edged, the height is a vaiance of 1". None are wide enought for your foot. There are splatters all over my siding and doors and he did not wash that off. Its been on there for over a month now.

The fence posts were set to close together, he cuts the rails on the prefab panels, the panels do not line up to the top of brackets, the brackets are not correct with a variance of an inch. Panels are bowing and dipping because they are too tight between the posts. Posts are not plum or in line. The two center posts are 1/5 out of line toward house. Posts are not same height and the yard is not uneven.

Etc. too many mistakes to mention!

I can not get him to come and take down fence and return my money since he damaged all posts and panels. He continues to put me off about it saying he needs another guy's truck and trailer. This has been going on for over a month.

The concrete is another story and I tried to work it out with him to have him just return money for fence and we could forget about the concrete and I would pay someone to fix it since I do not trust him to do that correctly.

He won't even do that nor will he come and clean up my yard and siding. The concrete splatters have been on my siding now for over a month and I can't get it off. The yard has ruts in it from the concrete truck. He said he would fix it and he didn't. He wont answer my calls. When he does, he tells me to contact the guy that only was his helper. He has said to me, "Just take me to court, you won't get anything anyways".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2011 08:58 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/ALCO-CONSTRUCTION/Hopkinsville-Kentucky-42240/ALCO-CONSTRUCTION-AL-LEHNE-Damaged-all-my-purchased-materials-Faulty-workmanship-Decepti-764720. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on ALCO CONSTRUCTION

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Anonymous, "We've missed you so much"

AUTHOR: ALco construction - ()

Hi folks, and "anonymous, I'm AL and I own this company and two others. This will be my last trip down "Rebuttal lane", with the Gracey Fire Dept and a number of other project I just dont have the time for this foolishness

When I first found the rating nonsence of "miss anonymous" I was just as pissed off at Ripoff Report so I actually filed a report against Ripoff report and they actually posted it, I was shocked, if you get a chance check it out, it's an interesting read. Allow me to sumerize that report. Ripoff report will let "anyone" say anything about "anybody" without an investigation, a phone call, nothing, you dont even have to give your name like our miss anonymous here, So that means any nut case, wack job, or even a compeditor can just say "what ever" But here's the "REAL" messed up part Ripoff Report is willing to just make this bogus report go away for $2000.00 and it's the same even if its real. I see why "ripoff" is the begining of there company name. I'm all for weeding out the bad eggs that why before even talking to a contractor you need to contact a "real" company like the BBB and while your at there website check out : Alco construction, TLC construction, and Alco products because "THOSE ARE MINE" and "all" have an A rating. I dont live anonymously, I live in the light.

If anyone needs any information about this, or any other matters such as estimates go to our website : www.alcoconstructionofkentucky.com or like us on facebook at alcoconstruction & alcoproducts my direct line is on both so give me a call. Oh Anonymous I was wondering, how was I supposed to clean up the cement splatter when you wouldnt allow me to finish the job, I guess I could have "wished" them away? As for you getting your money back from Lowes, most folk will give you anything you want just to get you to shut that pie hole, trust me I know, they just wanted you out the store. So here's the deal "Anonymous" you just go ahead and hang out with your RIPOFF friend and make up anything your little Anonymous heart disires but your on your own, I have niether the time or the patient because the issues "you" have" need to be delt with by someone who went to school alot longer than I, maybe if you got a hobby, perhaps change your medication, I dont know????

Go ALco

Pictures Prove Shotty Workmanship

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

I would have to disagree with your comments Al Lehne. You mislead me. You did not have enough workers to complete this task. You should have done it right the first time. It shouldn't have taken months to complete a 17x17 concrete patio and fence....and it wasn't 3 inches of ripples.....As the pictures attached prove.

Why should I have had you {Try}to correct something when you couldn't do it right the *first* time?

Futhermore, Mr Lehne, I worked with Lowe's on this issue and I got the fence returned and part of my money back to put up one correctly....Its a shame when you hire someone to do a job and they think they can get over on a woman.....

The fact of the matter is this: after a week the patio became worse and after a month is was so bad that I realized I could have done a better job by myself!!!!. Secondly, I mentioned putting tile down AFTER you screwed it up. So, why would I want you to try to work on my property and try to repair all your mistakes???? You proved you couldn't do the job right in the beginning. You also promised to come back the next day to power wash the CONCRETE SPLATTERS OFF THE SIDING AND MY DOORS WHICH IS STILL THERE!!!!!!!! It won't come off....thanks to you and your unprofessionalism...You must have slung that concrete from one side of the patio to the other for it to get on my siding and doors 3 feet up!!!!!!!

As far as the crappy job on the fence, you concreted the posts in first and misjudged the distance...Thats WHY YOU HAD TO CUT THE PANELS on a prefab fence....I watched the PROFESSIONALS  put in the SECOND fence and it took them a few hours, not a series of weeks...and they didn't have to cut one panel...You seemed to have cut all of them but 2....Oh I would also like to add that the day the concrete was poured, my fence posts were placed in the yard and they also had concrete all over them which I had to go out and scrub off!!! You didn't even take the time to move them out of the way!

Yes, and there is always ONE who gets hired to do a job and totally screws it up and isn't bonded or insured....That was YOU AL LEHNE.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

There's always that "one" customer

AUTHOR: ALco construction - ()

http://www.ripoffreport.com/government-corruption/anti-slapp-laws-why/anti-slapp-laws-why-we-need-i-EA115.htm     My name is AL and I own: ALco construction, ALco products, and TLC construction and you may find all 3 company's  listed with the BBB as accredited and an "A" rating. I was unaware this complaint was here until this year. This is a classic story about that "one" customer, that no matter what you do, they wont be happy

We did have some small, fixable issues: 1) the slab set up too fast and there was a 3" area that had some small ripples in it and right after the pour I showed the customer the problem and said that if that surface wasn't good enough, I'll get a concrete surface grinder and do the whole slab or because the customer planed to tile the slab anyway, I also offer a materials only cost for the tile job just to make up for the small imperfections. At that time the customer found these problem, small and was happy, paid me in full, even bought us beer.

Then a few days latter after having some friend over, she accused me of everything from being a con man to a thief and refused to allow us to finish, but wait it gets even better, she expect me to give her every penny back for labor and materials and she gets to keep the material. Now even If a customer starts acting retarded and make outlandish demand, I'll still try to solve the problem, I don't want "any" unhappy customer and I made many verbal and two written attempts . In my last offer I said that I would even refund the cost of the plastic fence, but only if I dig it up and take it home. Never herd from her again.

Let's also address this stealing nonsense. When you get an ALco estimate, you also get a detailed to the penny accounting of every board, nail screw, act. Now what this customer couldn't figure out is some thing, like lumber I have in stock and as for the "junk pile" idem , she's referring to my " rusty" roll of concrete mesh, now the men out there know that the new rolls inside the store are rusty

Now this person filed a complaint with the BBB and I sent copy of all the paper work and gave them any info. they requested, after there investigation they found the complaint to be "Unfounded". So if anyone has "any" questions about these company's or it's owner. Do what any smart consumer dose, check them out, first with the BBB, then check there website , see what they do, read some testimonial . check us at: alco construction&alco products@facebook.com   or go to our website:

www.alcoconstructionofkentucky.com2013-12-0720:35:23     My name is AL and I own: ALco construction, ALco products, and TLC construction and you may find all 3 company's  listed with the BBB as accredited and an "A" rating. I was unaware this complaint was here until this year. This is a classic story about that "one" customer, that no matter what you do, they wont be happy

www.alcoconstructionofkentucky.com     My name is AL and I own: ALco construction, ALco products, and TLC construction and you may find all 3 company's  listed with the BBB as accredited and an "A" rating. I was unaware this complaint was here until this year. This is a classic story about that "one" customer, that no matter what you do, they wont be happy

www.alcoconstructionofkentucky.com

ALCO Construction / Allan Lehne owner, Hopkinsville Kentucky

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (USA)

Mr. Lehne continues to avoid me, after promising to take down fence and pay me. He will not answer my phone calls nor will he call me back. A month is long enough to wait for him to clean off the concrete on my vinyl siding, repair the ruts in my yard that the concrete truck made ( he told me he was going to put down plywood to prevent this and did not) replace the siding he took off the house, clean up yard, take down fence, fill holes with dirt when he takes the fence post up!

He continues to make excuses.

I have given him more than ample time to do this. Futhermore, the concrete splatters should have been washed off the day he did it or the next day..its been over a month.