Complaint Review: Alcon Eye Care Products

• Updated: Fri, March 21, 2014

• Reported By: marscom — East Brunswick New Jersey
Alcon Eye Care Products
6201 South Freeway Fort Worth, Texas USA

Alcon Eye Care Products Ciba, Novartis Denial of promised rebate Fort Worth Texas

I can't even begin to describe the frustrating process of trying to get the promised $100 rebate for my daughter's contact lenses that I was bated into buying by her as of now former optometrist.  While I did make a mistake in my initial submission (I sent the UPC of one of the sample boxes we received pending the actual boxes we received from our purchase).

It took months to get someone to respond to our submission and it was only after arduous investigation on my part that I figured out the error and resubmitted the information.  No one was able to volunteer any information about what was behind the problem.  I received slow and bad information from Alcon and bad information from the optometrist.  But I did correct the error within the alotted time frame.

As a result, the company somehow figured that I was eligible for only $30 (I believe they must have typed the wrong upc code into their system based on a conversation I had with a representative that was going to fix the problem, allegedly).

I suspected from the beginning and firmly believe this was an avoidance strategy designed to minimize their liability.  Don't do business with Novartis!  The silly thing is, for $70 they lost my 16 year old daughter who will likely be wearing contact lenses for the rest of her life! What stupidity!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2014 12:29 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alcon-Eye-Care-Products/Fort-Worth-Texas-76134/Alcon-Eye-Care-Products-Ciba-Novartis-Denial-of-promised-rebate-Fort-Worth-Texas-1132508. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alcon Eye Care Products