Complaint Review: Alex Ruas Silva BJJ / Pensacola, Florida

• Updated: Tue, July 16, 2013

• Reported By: pensacolaMMAguy — Pensacola Florida
Alex Ruas Silva BJJ / Pensacola, Florida
7141 N. 9th Avenue Pensacola, Florida USA

Alex Ruas Silva BJJ / Pensacola, Florida ASR MMA www.alexruasbjj.com Alex Ruas BJJ / Stealing Money and Forcing Students Into Collections / Bad teacher Pensacola Florida

*Consumer Comment: Alex Silva is a Liar!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: There are always two sides to any story.

I would advise ANYONE NOT to attend Alex Ruas BJJ in Pensacola, FL. Alex Silva Ruas is nothing but a low life, thief and scumbag. He rushes his students through signing contracts and then tells you that you never signed a contract so not to worry and then doesn't report payments we paid direct to the billing company that they happen to be working with that day and then accounts go into collections. There are MANY members at Alex Silva Ruas BJJ that are going through the same thing as me if you can tell in the reviews aside from mine. Before signing yourself up for a false delinquency, find other schools in the local area and I'm sure you will be MUCH happier! No one likes ruined credit over something they don't owe! :)

Contact To Avoid:

Alex Silva Ruas

7141 N. 9th Avenue

Pensacola, FL 32504

850-316-0930

www.alexruasbjj.com

alexruasbjj@yahoo.com

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/16/2013 09:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alex-Ruas-Silva-BJJ-Pensacola-Florida/Pensacola-Florida-32504/Alex-Ruas-Silva-BJJ-Pensacola-Florida-ASR-MMA-wwwalexruasbjjcom-Alex-Ruas-BJJ-Stea-1067402. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alex Ruas Silva BJJ / Pensacola, Florida

Alex Silva is a Liar!

AUTHOR: D. Chason - ()

Alex Silva is a liar! His policy with he and his girlfriend (who is JUST AS BAD) is to induce people to sign contracts telling them they are not contracts. We contacted the company he mentions and they were kind enough to provide written proof that Ruas may be an immigrant but that he and his girlfriend are ruthless and dishonorable. When the billing company showed the school billing agreement as well as emails to them from Ruas, letters to and from Ruas, it was clear that the billing company was not at fault but rather the scumbag and his scumbag girlfriend!

The billing company provided the Florida Attorney General with the names of ALL the Ruas students who while having trouble reading (not able to read well), were forced by these two slime to sign contracts. The billing company as ALL documents prove show the ruthlessness of these 2 people. the instructor is a poor instructor and yells at small children and was personally seen by one parent grabbing her child! The only way I can describe him is that he is a thug and nothing more! Ruas can blame the billing company but I also checked out his Attorney in Maryland. That idiot did not back the company off at all. The billing company is simply cooperating with the Office of the Attorney General in Florida, Consumer Affairs Division.

Anyone knowing Alex Ruas knows he is a narcisistic and compulsive liar. Any propective student or parent considering this foreigner should look elsewhere, Even his competitors in the area do not respect him. I took my 2 kids out because he was so callous and pompous in all his dealings. As Ruas said, "there are two sides to every story".

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

There are always two sides to any story.

AUTHOR: Alex Silva Ruas Brazilian Jiu-jitsu LLC - ()

First and foremost, to the complaintant, I apologize for any negative experiences you may have had at our facility.  However, that being said, any of my loyal & current students would strongly disagree with any of your accusations. As a small business owner (from another country, now a citizen) I have had to deal with many trials & tribulations with owning and running my first business endeavor.  Unfortunately I got involved with a conniving, misleading billing company when I first started off. BUT as soon as I realized what was going on behind my back I IMMMEDIATELY terminated any/all contracts/memberships with this company. This company, even after I had ended all business relations, has had the audacity to try to continue to collect money using my name, in which I made my students aware. I was forced even to hire an attorney in the state of Maryland to handle this awful & debilitating situation. I suggest you look into that company and slander the company that is truly at fault for causing your distress, not mine. I run an honest and reputable martial arts school. I wish that you had the same gall in which you used to slander my business to at least list your name.  Perhaps if you handled things appropriately with me you would not be stuck in such a situation.  Condemning both my personal & business reputations is not helping either one of us.  This leaves me to believe that maybe you are not an honest person.  With these stressful financial times it is easy to point the finger at someone (or in this case someone's business).  I remind you, though, that anytime you point a finger at someone, you have four pointing back at yourself. And as a last ditch effort, being the man that I say I am and sticking behind my words, my contact information is easily obtained. Please contact me at your convenience.  It seems like this is of importance to you, dealing with your credit like you mentioned.  If your an intelligent man/woman, wouldn't you go to the source to fix the problem? Or you'd prefer damage my image and allow your credit to continue to deteriote if what you say is true? Furthermore, if you join let's say a Gold's Gym and you sign a membership contract, do you read all of the fine print? Do you understand that most fitness facilities have you sign at least a year's contract with very few excuses to be able to get out of it?  For example, the gym that I frequent requires that I provide proof that I have moved 50+ miles away from its location or a valid written/signed doctor's note with proof of a medical condition that inhibits me from the ability to train? And, guess what? If I am unable to furnish the proof requested, I am liable to pay the remaining debt of my contract.  Does that make all of the well-know gyms fraudulent businesses? If so, it sounds like you would have an amazing case on your hand! Go for it! But at the end of the day, you say all of these negative things but again you have done nothing to fix the problem or come after me or my business.  Once again this makes me question your all around integrity.  You have my information. Myself or one of my representatives will be patiently awaiting.