Complaint Review: All About Singles

• Submitted: Fri, August 22, 2008
  • Updated: Fri, August 22, 2008

• Reported By:Harleysville Pennsylvania
All About Singles
5100 W Tilghman St # 100, Allentown, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

All About Singles , They did not fulfill the services/ promise given to me which I paid $2000 Allentown Pennsylvania

I hired All About Singles in February 2008 to provide me the service of matching me with dates with their members. I purchased the minimum contract (to my knowledge) which was a years subscription to their service; the cost of the service was $2000.00 dollars. In order to be a member of their service you have a certain conduct/ procedures to follow in order to maintain an active membership which I followed to the letter.

To provide an example, one of the procedures is to call dates within 24 hours of being notified. Prior to signing the contract, one of my concerns was that I be matched with folks that are within a 30 minute driving radius of where i reside. I was told that this would not be a problem. Within 6 months time, I was provided about 20 contacts of folks with the vast majority of them being an hour plus away from me. To discuss their performance and fulfillment of their service, I have had two dates in that time (6 mos). One date was with a person that was 1.5 hours away, and the other date was with someone that would not be a good fit for me. I understand that they cannot force people to meet with you, yet why promise that you can deliver folks in your vicinity when you cannot.

My primary concern that I have with their service is that I have not heard from them in any capacity in 2 months time, and I still have 6 months to go on my membership. For the price that was paid, I expect some level of contact from them. - even if it is "we are still looking for you, yet we have not found a match." I have heard nothing from them in any capacity. After two months time, I called and complained only to be told " how can you expect us to deliver dates for you when you want them in your own backyard". I think a 30 minute drive radius hardly qualifies as my own backyard, and even more so was told that it would not be a problem prior to signing the deal. I was also told by their manager that I was to blame for their lack of contact, and that with my distance requirements they would be unlikely able to help me. I stated that if they could not help me that they should refund the money for the remaining 6 months of my membership.

All I am asking for is them to do the right thing, if they cannot provide the service I paid for. The manager told me she would have to speak with the owner and get back to me. I have received no such call from the owner. Since that time, I have gone back to online dating in which I am getting a date a week for a fraction of the cost.

The true reason that I am posting this is that speaking with the contacts/members I have spoken with almost all the ones I spoke with were equally dissatisfied with the service. I didn't have one match that was happy with the results they got with them, and the complaints are the same with them as well. I am not one to typically complain about a service, and I always try to have the company resolve the issues before taking an action. Since I have received no contact from them with regards to my complaints, I felt that I had no other alternatives.

Additionally since the members I spoke with had similar complaints, I felt that someone needs to speak up and make other consumers aware. I am sure that I have been taken for a ride at this point, and I advise anyone who is considering to use them that they should go online as the results will be better.

Anonymous
Harleysville, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2008 09:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/All-About-Singles/Allentown-Pennsylvania-18104/All-About-Singles-They-did-not-fulfill-the-services-promise-given-to-me-which-I-paid-2-365737. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on All About Singles