Complaint Review: All American Transmission Repair

• Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category:

All American Transmission Repair big bob is a big rip off houston, Texas

my transmission started slipping at the end of october 09.  i take it to all american transmission repair and 'big bob' said it sounded like my tork convertor and it would be $500 for labor and he would just charge me for the part.  he estimated it would be around $1500.  Because im a full time college student and part time worker he said he would help me and let me do payments, $500 and $25 a wk til its paid off.  well, this sounded great, i could get my car fix and pay for it myself.

A few days later he calls and says he has found a few more things wrong but doesnt have a quote yet.  then a few days after that there are a few more things wrong and it comes to about $3500.  He then tells me he needs my title for collateral, my down payment is going to be increased, and the wkly payments will be doubled.  He has already done the work so i have no choice.

2 days after i make my first payment the tork convertor he replaced went out.  it took him 3 WEEKS to fix it. which i find odd because he only took about a week to do all the work the first time.  my car still doesnt run smooth, it jerks in low gear and slips sometimes.  I call and tell him this and he says drive it 500mi and itll clear up.  well, 500 plus miles later it still isnt fixed.  so i bring it back in and a few days later i call and he says its fixed its not jerking anymore its totally fine, but he still wants to look at it.  I call him back a day or two later and he says i need a new computer at its gonna be an additonal $1400!  i told him i dont have the money for that and i just want to pick up my car.  and he says i cant.  this man will not give me back my car!!  so i get a laywer involved and big bob proceeds to tell me that because so many people have 'poked their nose in his business he is cancelling my contract'.  and i have to pay him $2700 in 4 days or he is going to DISPOSE of my car.

I still dont have my car and i am filing suit against him.  He claimed that i abondoned my car when i got my personal belongings out of it.  i mailed him a payment and he refused to sign for it.  He also made several sexual comments to me that were very innappropriate and unproffesional.

Big bob is a liar, a crook, and a rip off.  i he took advantage of me from the begining and i regret taking my car to him.  i now have no car and have to depend on family to take me to and from school and work.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/27/2010 10:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/All-American-Transmission-Repair/houston-Texas-/All-American-Transmission-Repair-big-bob-is-a-big-rip-off-houston-Texas-560629. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on All American Transmission Repair