Complaint Review: All Brands Auto Dealers

• Updated: Fri, August 02, 2013

• Reported By: Malcolm — Deep River Ontario
All Brands Auto Dealers
5 Melanie Drive, Unit 1B, Brampton, Ont L6T 4K8 Brampton, Ontario Canada

All Brands Auto Dealers, Hameed, Deposit Scam. I put a $500 deposit a Jaguar Vanden Plas. Shortly after the dealer cancelled saying he decided not to sell and would return deposit. He has not returned and therefore stolen the deposit. Brampton Ontario

*Author of original report: Deposit Returned by All Brands Auto Dealers

Dealer cancelled purchase for no reason, promised to return the $500 deposit paid and has not followed through. I answered an autotrader ad from the above car dealer in Brampton on July 7th. I visited and signed a deal for a Jaguar VanDenPlas giving a $500 deposit (by debit card) on July 12 and was waiting on the safety-check, some minor repairs and ownership transfer as part of the agreement. On July 16 the dealer told me he didn't want to sell the car anymore and said that he would send a cheque to refund my deposit immediately. After one week (July 24) I called and he said it was sent registered mail and said he would send the tracking number (never received). Today is Aug 2 and I have not received the promised return of deposit. I am sure that the dealer has been lying to me and has no intention of honouring his commitments. I told him that I was still wanting to buy the car but he claims he had advertised it at too low a price and had taken it off the market. I suspect that this is all part of a scam geared to cheating unwary consumers out of their deposits for what they think is a legitimate purchase.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2013 04:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/All-Brands-Auto-Dealers/Brampton-Ontario-k0J-1P0/All-Brands-Auto-Dealers-Hameed-Deposit-Scam-I-put-a-500-deposit-a-Jaguar-Vanden-Plas-1072603. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on All Brands Auto Dealers

Deposit Returned by All Brands Auto Dealers

AUTHOR: Malcolm - ()

Regarding the $500 deposit that was not returned in a timely manner by All Brand's Auto Dealers I am pleased to say that the deposit was returned and I received the deposit on August 8th. I hold no further grudge and I am sorry about the trouble this has caused everyone.