Complaint Review: All My Sons Greenville SC

• Updated: Tue, February 05, 2013

• Reported By: Ripped Off — Austin Texas United States of America
All My Sons Greenville SC
1102 Old Stage Road Simpsonville, South Carolina United States of America

All My Sons Greenville SC They doubled my weight and price and delayed my things by 10 days and didnt tell me til the truck was loaded Simpsonville, South Carolina

*Consumer Comment: Read your contracts

*Consumer Comment: Please find time to report them

I got an estimate from these people 3/22/2011 & an additional estimate from United ( United estimated weight at 12000 lbs and a charge of $10000-$12000) All My Sons estimate is $4808- I phoned repeatedly asking them to add on patio furniture and outdoor concrete-they spent at most 15 minutes & United an hour-moving day comes ( I packed) and 2 old men come up -immediately says "this is not 8000 lbs! This is wrong- so the driver Ed phoned - they had to wait til a 3rd person that was much younger to come help- then Ed finds out they never told me my thing were not coming for 10 days- he told them I told you over 3 days ago- when were you going to tell her ? He told them this wasn't right - the truck was 3/4 done- I was stuck-I get to Tx with my 2 cats -no furniture- nothing- my God brother was with me and had them pay for a meal and air mattress and some dishes- I think a total of $200-When my belongings come- they crank the price to over $9000! On moving day I phoned Bill about never giving me the final cost after repeatedly asking he laughed and said-"what are you worried about? even if it is 4000-5000 extra pounds it win't be more than $400-$500 - it was an extra $5000! Evey one from the weight folks to Ed the driver to all the movers were disgusted with these folks- Ed got sick because of the way I was treated and said after doing this since 1968 he had never seen anyone be treated as bad as I had been- he said this was his first and last move with this Company- he also said he would come to court for me- On my cell phone I have kept a voicemail from another mover here in Austin who offered to come to court as well- even the guys at the weigh station couldn't believe what I had been through-it  has been Hell- I haven't had time to report them-as I am by myself and had noone to help-I have never been sooo ripped off in one year in my life

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/02/2013 10:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/All-My-Sons-Greenville-SC/Simpsonville-South-Carolina-29681/All-My-Sons-Greenville-SC-They-doubled-my-weight-and-price-and-delayed-my-things-by-10-da-1008051. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on All My Sons Greenville SC

Read your contracts

AUTHOR: Jeff W. - ()

So this company comes in $3000-$4000 cheaper than your only other bid and youre upset? The only complaint you have is if your shipment didnt weigh what they said it weighed. If the moving company lied....which based on your other estimate, it doesnt sound like it. Im sure your contract read that you are responsible for any weight above and beyond the original estimate.......thats why theyre called ESTIMATES, not exactimates.

Please find time to report them

AUTHOR: Lori in Rocky Hill - (United States of America)

It is important to the rest of the consumers out there that this be reported to your local Attorney General's office and Consumer Protection Department please dont bother with the bbb companies pay to be accredited by them they are biased.  This is the same owner as the All My Sons in Conecticut.  Don't let them get away with this crap.

My Attorney Generals office can't even get a call back from their attorney who they have contacted twice now. Not cool ways to do business at all

They told my elderly neighbor too bad some of her stuff was missing she should have checked the truck before they left way to treat the older folks.

Best of luck to you.