Complaint Review: All Star Moving and Storage, Monica and Carlos

• Updated: Sat, June 22, 2013

• Reported By: DKR — 02143 Massachusetts
All Star Moving and Storage, Monica and Carlos
501 Penhorn Ave Suite #5 Secaucus, New Jersey USA

All Star Moving and Storage, Monica and Carlos lie, scam, cheat, rude, aggressive, verbally abusive Secaucus, interstate New Jersey

The day of the delivery and some background information:

When All Star Moving and Storage arrived with my furniture, I went outside to inform them that it may be easier to back-up their truck instead of driving forward, but the driver got out of the car and started yelling at me saying that “I already know about you, get out of my way”. He “already knew about me” because when the movers arrived to pick-up my things (two hours late), they doubled the price and were saying things like, “esta caja es grande, debemos decir que está pesada para cobrarle más” (this box is big, we should say that it is heavy so that we can charge the guy more). I lived in Latin America for over 10 years and teach Spanish, so I said, in Spanish, “That box is NOT heavy, it has pillows in it”. They were surprised that this “White boy” knew what was going on and did not scam me in that way.

The final bill? Over 1,900 dollars when the estimated quote was around 900. We´ll call this specialist, Mary, part of the mover scam team, is a representative that told me over and over and over again that I would be charged  by WEIGHT and NOT cubic feet. Well, that all changed when they loaded the truck and ended up making me pay by cubic feet instead of weight. I asked them to have a certified weight done with the truck, Mary said I could set that up with the drivers, and when the drivers called me they refused to do so.

So, they load all my stuff up, made me sign a million pages and were very happy with the fact that it was late, I was tried, stressed, just finished my last day at work and would have a 432 mile car ride in my  near-future. They were people who were perfectly fine with screwing and scamming people over.

When I contacted Mary, she said that I doubled the number of items and that I would have to pay more per cubic foot, and when I confronted her she screamed and screamed at me. I asked to speak to her manager and she said, and I quote, “No, you can´t talk to the manager, you have to talk to me first”. I replied, “No, I am done with you and I want to speak with your manager”. She did not let me.

Let´s fast-forwarded to the delivery date:

Apparently they wanted a POSTAL money order and a bank/personal money order was not good enough for them and they would not unload anything until they were given a POSTAL money order. So, they made us go and get a postal money order and waited around threatening to leave if we did not get back in their 15 min window of time… He, the “leader” of the crew, also said that he was on a time schedule and he would have to leave if we were not back within those 15 mins---Why did he not start unloading while we were getting the money order? He was no Eisenstein.

Also, he was calling me names while he was unloading my stuff, saying I am “fucking crazy, fucking nuts”. I asked him not to call me names, and he said, “whatever, man”.

So, the tip was very small, they did not deserve anything at all.

Then, after we went through the inventory list, we noticed that there was a “table” on it… I did not have a table, but figured it was the night stand, which was not there, so I wrote “not have” next to it and then the guy crossed “table” out but not my “not have” with my initials by it.

Avoid these scammers any way you can, because they treat their customers like the enemy, have no morals, don’t care if you stuff gets stolen or broken and will call you names. Oh, and one of the guys was singing a song in Spanish while unloading about “maricones”. I did not let them know I speak Spanish, but that translates into “fags” or “queers”

An absolutely horrible company that will use and abuse you! Do not use them, please!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/22/2013 11:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/All-Star-Moving-and-Storage-Monica-and-Carlos/Secaucus-New-Jersey-07094/All-Star-Moving-and-Storage-Monica-and-Carlos-lie-scam-cheat-rude-aggressive-verba-1061255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on All Star Moving and Storage, Monica and Carlos