Complaint Review: All State Van Lines Relocation, Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, July 19, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, October 22, 2013

• Reported By: Keith — Morton Pennsylvania
All State Van Lines Relocation, Inc.
2000 N. State Rd. Margate, Florida USA

All State Van Lines Relocation, Inc. kept deposit, promised flexibility, Margate Florida

*Author of original report: The entire move was ridiculous

*UPDATE Employee: All State Van Lines Relocation Inc. Response

On fairly short notice we found out that we had to move from the home we were renting outside Philadelphia.  I immediately began researching for a moving company.  I worked my way down to 5 companies, and after receiving quotes, went with All State Van Lines Relocation, Inc.

I spoke to their agent, David Seth, and explained that the move could be around the 15th of July, 2013.  He tentatively put in that date and told me that any changes had to be done within a 48 hour notice (to keep their actual movers from showing up for a job that wouldn't be taking place).

Several days later I found out we had a bit more time to move than expected.  On the 10th of July, 2013, I called and changed the date to the end of July, to better accomodate us.

Then I got surprising news that I had been hired for an overseas job.  Now I no longer needed the movers since my household would be shipped via freight.  I called All State and they now tell me that since I didn't initially give them 5 days notice of the FIRST change of date, that my deposit was NON-REFUNDABLE.

I found that on page 10 of the 19 page document they sent me, that the $1496 deposit was non-refundable.

Buyer beware.... oh, wait... you don't even have to buy, just put down a deposit and this company will keep your money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/19/2013 11:59 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/All-State-Van-Lines-Relocation-Inc/Margate-Florida-33063/All-State-Van-Lines-Relocation-Inc-kept-deposit-promised-flexibility-Margate-Florida-1068433. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on All State Van Lines Relocation, Inc.

The entire move was ridiculous

AUTHOR: Keith - ()

First, they say their dates are flexible - but only to when they decide to show up  They never offer an inventory sheet nor do they make one.  I made my own, but they didn't sign it.  So legally, I could pay for my move and they could hand me rocks.  Then they come up with weigh tickets that overestimate my weight by almost 2000 lbs.  Then they expect me to pay for their overestimation with the promise they will refund if I pay for a reweigh.  Would you trust that this company would give back any money?  LOL  They have kept whatever is left (without an inventory, I fully expect my goods are now furnishing someone else's house) they won't get another cent from me.

One other thing:  when they called to initially deliver to a storage facility, the security footage shows they weren't even there.  So even though they still call 2 or 3 times a day to make arrangements for the delivery, I have NO faith my goods will be on the truck, or, if they are, that they will be damaged and I will be ripped off for those costs, too.

All State Van Lines Relocation Inc. Response

AUTHOR: All State Van Lines Relocation Inc. - ()

We are truly sorry for the inconveniences that you incurred during your relocation process. We would like the opportunity to address your issues but based on the information provided we are unable to locate your account and unfortunately we could not investigate this matter. As we strive for complete customer satisfaction we urge you to call us at 800-741-6837 so that we may review your account and address any concerns you may have. Again, we apologize for failing to meet your expectations and we hope to hear from you regarding your concerns.

Sincerely,

All State Van Lines Relocation Inc.