Complaint Review: All State Van Lines Relocation, Inc

• Reported By: Erica Verrillo — Williamsburg Massachusetts
All State Van Lines Relocation, Inc
2000 N. State Rd Suite 101 Margate, Florida USA

All State Van Lines Relocation, Inc Movers From Hell Margate Florida

You'd be better off loading your stuff onto a pack mule. Seriously, these "movers" are so bad, I really don't know where to start. So, I'll start at the beginning. I was looking for a company to move my household goods from Massachusetts to California. After filling our a form online I got a call from a very nice person from All State named Robert Rosamond. He assured me that their van would be able to pick up my things on time.

That's when the nightmare began. I never spoke with Robert again, instead I got passed off to Samantha. The movers came six hours late, which wasn't intolerable, but they weren't from All State. They were from Ocean Moving and Storage, an outfit I had never heard of. What's more they were in a Penske rental truck. They told me that All State was a broker, not a mover. Two of the three "movers" had been hired from craigslist, and it showed. They dropped boxes, and after a couple of hours they got tired, and decided they would rather sit around and look at their smart phones. [continued below]....

..... At that point, I picked up my boxes and moved them myself.

In spite of All State's "guaranteed" arrival time, my things didn't arrive for a month. And, when they did, nearly every piece of furniture was damaged. (Not to mention the contents of my boxes.) The truck driver was a man from Uzbekistan who had no connection to Ocean Moving, or to All State. He'd simply answered an ad. Fortunately, he was good-spirited and let me weigh his truck - which, I am not kidding you, was held together with duct tape - before and after unloading.

I discovered then that All State had overcharged me by nearly $2,000. The initial weight estimate had been given to me over the phone by Robert. (He low-balled the estimate to get me to sign on.) Then All State kept revising it upwards until I'd been charged for over 10,000 pounds. They even sent me weight tickets, which turned out to be falsified. When I weighed the truck in California, it turned out I'd only shipped 7,800 pounds. All State owed me a refund.

It's three months later, and I am still trying to get the refund All State promised me. Dealing with Samantha has been an exercise in futility. All she does is parrot management "policy." It took the threat of a lawsuit to get the name of one of her supervisors. (The owner, someone named Aldo, is probably a member of the Mob.)

Ocean, to their credit, sent me a partial refund. But All State is still holding out on the final amount they owe me. Instead of giving me the refund for the amount they knowingly overcharged me, they sent me a two-page legal document discharging them from any responsibility for damaging my goods. If I sign it, they will give me the remaining amount, but I won't be able to file a claim for the furniture they damaged - not with them, not with Ocean, and certainly not with Sean from Uzbekistan.

In short - these people lie like rugs and cheat like my ex-husband. DO NOT MOVE WITH THEM!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/18/2013 03:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/All-State-Van-Lines-Relocation-Inc/Margate-Florida-33063/All-State-Van-Lines-Relocation-Inc-Movers-From-Hell-Margate-Florida-1108107. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on All State Van Lines Relocation, Inc