Complaint Review: All State

• Reported By: house fire — parma Ohio
All State
Pamra , Ohio USA

All State House Fire and ripped off by All State Pamra Ohio

I own a double in the Parma area and recently had a dryer fire.  All State is our insurance carrier and they came into the house to inspect it two days later. My family, children, sister, and nephew were placed in a hotel for a few days while repairs were being done on our home. We were told we had no smoke damage to the downstairs of the double and also to the upper double where my sister lives with her six year old son who are both ashmatics. My wife is also pregnate at this time and it is a high risk pregnacy. Today we received a phone call from All State stating we had to leave the hotel by noon and move back into our home. We still do not have any windows in our basement, everything is boarded up and our back door is boarded up, we received a check from All State just two days ago for a little over three thousand dollars for us to repair it all. That is fine but the problem is the check needs to clear the bank first so needless to say were moving back in with boarded windows and doors. The power in our house was turned off for days, so we came back home today to both refridgerators completely smelling and rotting food. We were told there was no smoke damage, but yet we have black smoke damage all over our walls and our house still smells of smoke. We were assured by All State that the company they hired would remove all smoke damage and clean all walls with chemicals, it was NEVER DONE!!!! My basement smells terrible my wife or kids cannot even step foot down there, we are unsure if it is from the chemicals the company used or if it is from the fire. We still do not have electric throughout the house because the guy who All State hired is still working on repairing the electric, needless to say I am running all around to purchase lamps so that we can at least see!!!!!

This is a terrible insurance company, and needless to say the slogan "Your in goods hands with All State" is definetly a lie!!!! I am currently taking picures of all the smoke damage in our home, shame on this company!!!! I am sure All State would not be living in conditions like this!!!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/26/2013 01:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/All-State/Pamra-Ohio-44129/All-State-House-Fire-and-ripped-off-by-All-State-Pamra-Ohio-1102372. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on All State