Complaint Review: all tune and lube

• Submitted: Wed, December 26, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, February 11, 2013

• Reported By: Jadam7 — Glen Burnie Maryland United States of America
all tune and lube
7100 Ritchie Hwy Glen Burnie, Maryland United States of America

all tune and lube I would like to report a dissatisfaction I had with an All Tune & Lube located in 7100 Ritchie Hwy, Glen Burnie, MD 21061. It occured on December 22, 2012. I had payed them a visit due to an issue wit Glen Burnie, Maryland

*Author of original report: Please remove my original report

I would like to report a dissatisfaction I had with an All Tune & Lube located in 7100 Ritchie Hwy, Glen Burnie, MD 21061. It occured on December 22, 2012. I had payed them a visit due to an issue with the sparks and wires in my car. A sign lying outside listed the tune up for $49.99. The mechanic came to me and handed me a list of other 'presumed' issues with my vehicle. I asserted that I came solely for the tun up. Coincidentally, he charged me $1,400 for the other issues on the list. I had felt decieved, so I requested that he hand me back my keys. He refused--insisting on carrying out the repairs and charging me $1,400. He said that if I wanted to cease repairs and aquire my key back, he would charge me $52 for diagnostics. When I first arrived, I did not read an advertisement that stated that a customer would be charged $52.00 for diagnostics, nor did he even mention that tidbit. Also, he charged me $246 for the tun up that originally cost $49.99. The total duration of the repairs was three hours. They had falsely advertised their prices and committed fraud towards their customers--going as far as to avoid work that required more effort and, instead, working on issues that required no repair and charging me for them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/26/2012 08:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/all-tune-and-lube/Glen-Burnie-Maryland-21061/all-tune-and-lube-I-would-like-to-report-a-dissatisfaction-I-had-with-an-All-Tune-Lube-987022. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on all tune and lube

Please remove my original report

AUTHOR: Jadam7 - (United States of America)

Thanks Ed, Lee, and Joe.
Thanks Ed, Lee, and Joe...you guys are the best. I will definitely bring my car to All Tune and Lube for any and all work going forward!!

On Saturday, December 22, 2012, I took my Ford Taurus to All Tune and Lube in 7100 Ritchie Hwy Glen Burnie, MD 21061 to replace the sparks and wires, the owner, Ed, and I had a misunderstanding. Yet he, realizing that I was dissatisfied, took the initiative to call both my cell and work numbers just to try to fix the issue that I had with his shop. This man did not stop until the issue was settled. He asked me to go back to his other All Tune and Lube shop in Pasadena, MD to fix the problem--at this time they did not charge me any more money and he was calling in to the shop to make sure everything was good with their work. Ed changed my mind about small business owners; I was always under the impression that they were indifferent towards customer satisfaction. But with Ed, he was behind his service 100% of the time. He is willing to work with you until everything is fixed and customer satisfaction is guaranteed. He stands true to his job.

Also, Joe at All Tune and Lube in Pasadena took the time to explain and answer questions.

Good customer service and honest mechanic! I would highly recommend to anyone in the area in need of quality mechanics.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC