Complaint Review: Allegheny Moving Company

• Updated: Wed, March 26, 2014

• Reported By: jayecourt — Greensburg Pennsylvania
Allegheny Moving Company
1512 Lebanon Church Road Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA

Allegheny Moving Company Mary (Owner), Gary (Salesman) Norman (Truck Driver) Allen (Manager of mover that come to the house Lied about cost lied about dates damaged items very unprofessional and refuses to help make it right Pittsburgh and Tenn Pennsylvania

When i initially called Allegheny moving company (412-653-1200) i was transfered to a Gary the sales guy (412-334-0265) (His cell number). He was super pushy and wanted to set up the time to come to my house to evaluate the amount of things i was taking and calculate the cost and explain the move in detail. He shows up and spends over an hour building a repore with me and he seemed genuinely concerned with the safety of my things and willing to take the time to make this process a "stress free" experience.

After he left and when i had questions, he left me his personal cell phone and wanted me to call him at home and assured me he would be there throughout the process. (First) The movers were several weeks late (No valid explanation) once they showed up, they looked like a bunch of drugged out, under slept, unhappy workers that hated their job and didn't want to be there (Scary). I have a motorcycle valued at $15000 and was assured SEVERAL times that it was going to be safe and treated as if it was their own.

They lied and said it was going to to crated and no one would even be able to touch it. SECOND the truck that showed up was very small and when i questioned it, i was told that this truck was just the first stop for my stuff.  My stuff was going to be transported back to their facility, unloaded into their warehouse, and then reloaded onto another bigger truck when they received other stuff that was going on the same truck as my stuff (None of that was ever explained to me) They made it sound like my stuff was going to be on a separate truck, by itself, and not loaded and unloaded several time on and off several trucks!!!!

(They are VERY deceiving). Once i started getting nervous and starting having questions and doughts, i started calling Gary and was assured everything was going to be ok (And bike was going to be crated). Once my stuff was actually gone, i moved...a week went by...then two...then three...i started calling and wondering why my stuff was late.  I called Gary (412-334-0265) and NOW couldn't get a hold of him so easily.  When i did, he told me that i had to call the main office (No more home calls or immediate phone calls back if i left him a voice message).

I talked to Tammy from the corporate office (Who i might add that was very helpful) and was transfered to Mary (The owner) who NEVER called back even when i called roughly 15 times and left many many voice messages. My stuff was now almost a month behind schedule and no one that gave me a appropriate explanation. i demanded that they bring my stuff back to the Pittsburgh location, i was told that it was already in route and it would cost more to drop it or return it.  When i asked what the cost would be (To my amazement) the cost to bring it the whole way was a lot higher that when i was quoted!!!

I started calling Gary (412-334-0265) and the corporate office (412-653-1200) and got the complete run around and started getting bull s**t excuses on why the cost was higher than the quote.  EVEN when i told them that some of the biggest/heaviest items were not even on the load and were sold after that quote was given. THEIR EXPLANATION, was a cardboard box fee!!!!!! Keep in mind that this was hundreds of dollars!!! After i screamed and b****ed they gave me Norman's number (The truck driver who had my stuff) (304-612-7462) He finally agreed to drop my shipment in Nashville, Tennessee where Allied has another storage facility (615-650-6644).

I had to pay $3,000.00 to the Pittsburgh facility before i could even deal with the people in Tennessee AND there was a storage fee that was accruing in the Tennessee facility!!!!!!! My wife and i just got back from the Tennessee facility over the weekend (WE drove 9 hours) and some of my most valuable items are damaged and MY MOTORCYCLE WAS NOT CRATED!!!!! and was damaged. They offered up no explanation of why and how it got damaged but to just fill out a incident report. I AM SO PISSED. My motorcycle was damaged and fingerprints all over it.

They let us go in and check out the stuff. Once we bitched and started taking pictures of things that were damaged, they refused to let us go back in before we paid that total bill.  We drove back without it and we are going to get a lawyer to see if there is anything we can do about getting our stuff fixed or replaced. This has been that worst experience EVER and have had nothing but lies, deception, nothing but unprofessional, no customer service and no apologies from them what so ever!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/26/2014 04:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allegheny-Moving-Company/Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-15236/Allegheny-Moving-Company-Mary-Owner-Gary-Salesman-Norman-Truck-Driver-Allen-Manag-1133704. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allegheny Moving Company