Complaint Review: Allegiant Airlines

• Reported By: Diane — Reno Nevada
Allegiant Airlines
8360 S Durango Drive Las Vegas, Nevada Uzbekistan

Allegiant Airlines Deceptive Cancellation Practices Las Vegas Nevada

I had to cancel a trip due to a death in the family.  When I booked my flight, I had specifically checked the airlines cancellation policies, as I had never flown with this airline before.  I noted that if I had to cancel by a certain time prior to my flight, I would receive a voucher.  Thinking that was fine, I booked.  When I had to cancel the trip, the website would not let me cancel it - although I did receive a voucher for $30 credit for my luggage that WON'T EVEN BE GOING!  (Isn't that nice)  The customer service agent was extremely rude, and told me I can't cancel because the cost to cancel was greater than the price of the trip!!!  Honestly, do you think that two weeks from now they won't resell my seat???

This company practices FRAUDULENT cancellation policies.  Their website and cancellation explanation is so chopped up that it is IMPOSSIBLE to figure out where the cancellation fee comes in.  In between them telling you how easy it is to cancel, they have so much other information that you miss the fine print stuck inbetweeen two different subjects!!

Do NOT do business with this unreputable company!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/18/2013 11:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allegiant-Airlines/Las-Vegas-Nevada-89113/Allegiant-Airlines-Deceptive-Cancellation-Practices-Las-Vegas-Nevada-1085491. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allegiant Airlines