Complaint Review: Allen Lewis and Associates

Allen Lewis and Associates
1185 Lane Avenue Suite 5 Jacksonville, Florida United States of America

Allen Lewis and Associates Scare Tactics Jacksonville, Florida

*General Comment: To bad tape will be thrown out

*Consumer Comment: turn him in for threatening you

This company is collecting a debt.  Okay.  I understand.  Yes, things got away from me and, no excuse, this debt incurred.  There are circumstances, but that is my cross to bear, noone elses.  With that said, this company uses bullying tactics that left my daughter in tears as she heard EVERYTHING this man, Mr. King, said , and threatened.  That I was going to be "arrested" for theft, all over missing some payments on my daughters saxophone.  He went on to say that he "checked me out" and that I was an "upstanding citizen" with no warrents and no "issues with the law"  Really?  It turns out he called all over the country to alert my family about my debt.  I live in New York and he called my 78 yr old mother in Texas - Really?

He told family members that he was an attorney, that I was in trouble and that he needed to speak to me immediately, or he needed my attorney's phone number.  Bully Bully Bully.  Scaring an old lady states away about her daughter.  Wow.

This "gentle"man <using the term loosely> wanted full payment by 3:00 that afternoon - the full price for the sax that I was renting is $2400.  I do not have $2400 sitting in an account - if i did - do you think I would be renting in the first place?  If payment was not received - then police action would ensue.  I told him, at that point, that I was recording the conversation.  He was not happy with that at all.

Bottom line - I want to fix the issue - I have no problems taking care of my mess - but using these tactics should not be allowed.  Send me a letter.  I have yet to receive ONE.  Calling me during the day doesn't work - I'm not home.  I'm working.  I understand that they have a job to do - but really - making people cry?  Scaring family members with vague yet troubling messages?

Really.  How do you look in the mirror at the end of the day.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/21/2012 06:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allen-Lewis-and-Associates/Jacksonville-Florida-/Allen-Lewis-and-Associates-Scare-Tactics-Jacksonville-Florida-915332. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allen Lewis and Associates

#1 General Comment

To bad tape will be thrown out

AUTHOR: Steven - (U.S.A.)

Since this person was calling from Florida and Florida is a two-party consent law. You can't use the recording in a court of law since you did not obtain consent from the collector but it's worth a shot. Check with the Attorney General for New York and see if they would refer it to the Attorney General in Florida.

turn him in for threatening you

AUTHOR: msmontecarlo - (USA)

I would report this idiot for threatening you . No one can arrest you for nonpayment of a debt. Report this scum to the ftc , keep the taped conversation for evidence.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC