Complaint Review: Allen Samuels Chrysler Dodge

• Updated: Mon, September 30, 2013

• Reported By: missvlock — Houston Texas
Allen Samuels Chrysler Dodge
1515 South Loop West FWY 77054 Houston, Texas USA

Allen Samuels Chrysler Dodge Allen Samuel Dodge Houston sold me a lemon and wont honor deal! Houston Texas

*UPDATE Employee: lockett complaint

After purchasing a 2011 Dodge Charger from Allen Samuels Dodge in Houston I immediately began to have issues with what I thought was the alignment of the vehicle, and tire wear. The car was fishtailing and I had to change the rear tire before I had the car for 30 days so I contacted the service center of Dodge. I assumed that the dealership could handle the problems with ease, but after taking the car to the dealership's service center, which the Financial person (at the dealership) informed me I should do after 30 days  so that the warranty could cover any cost, I found out that there were major issues.

The warranty covered what we thought was the major issue we were having, but about 4 months after the repair and 4 rear tire changes later the car began to fishtail even worse, make a loud knocking noise when I turn the steering wheel, and is unable to be driven. I instantly take the car back to the dealership and ask my salesman, JOSE Cardines, more about the vehicle and what options we have and they inform us that we can trade the car in but will be upside down by about $4,000 or we can purchase another car while still having the charger and let the Charger get REPOSSESED. (Really!!) The third option was to just get the car fixed which I went ahead to the service center to check on again because I did not want to be upside down or have my credit negatively affected by a repo.

Robert, the service tech who was very helpful, broke down what the issues were and informed me that the warranty would not cover the repairs totaling about $1,100 for a car that I've only had for 7 months and have already paid over $1000 in repairs for. The car's front suspension, and alignment are horribly damaged, the tire joints and other issues with the tire are damaged, whenever I drove over any kind of crack, uneven pavement, or bump in the road the car would fishtail horribly. The back tires felt like they were going to fall off of the car when it is being driven. There is no way that the car can be driven in the rain because it hydroplaned and fishtailed excessively to the point of where the car would not drive in one lane.

Overall the car has been nothing but a headache and the dealership doesn't want to honor the deal we initially made, "to put me in a reliable car" where I will not have to deal with the major mechanical issues such as the ones that I am having now. I went to a major dealership to avoid buying a lemon and still found myself having to go through issues with a vehicle from a "major car dealership".

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/30/2013 09:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allen-Samuels-Chrysler-Dodge/Houston-Texas-77054/Allen-Samuels-Chrysler-Dodge-Allen-Samuel-Dodge-Houston-sold-me-a-lemon-and-wont-honor-de-1088296. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allen Samuels Chrysler Dodge

lockett complaint

AUTHOR: Lou Smith - ()

Why would anyone purchase a car in the condition the Locketts have described. the facts are that the vehicle did not have the problems described, but were a result of 1or more accidents that the vehicle has been involved in. I believe the main problem is the misunderstaning that the extended service plan,which was purchased, would cover damage as a result of an accident. Since the date of the complaint the locketts have visited the dealership and have filed a claim with there insurance company to repair the damage caused during the accident