Complaint Review: allergybegone.com

• Updated: Thu, May 23, 2013

• Reported By: Paul — California
allergybegone.com
Internet USA

allergybegone.com BEWARE! THEY CHARGED MY CREDIT CARD BY NEVER SHIPPED! VERY RUDE!! Internet

This is perhaps the worst online shopping experience of my entire life. If I could rate them ZERO stars, I would. Don't buy anything from this company unless you enjoy dealing with rude, incompetent people.

I ordered two air purifiers from them on May 5, 2013, totaling $738. I paid with my credit card and they sent me a cheerful order confirmation. A couple days later I saw that the charge went through on my American Express so I expected to receive the products soon. They never showed up, so 18 days later I went to their website to find out what happened. On the order status page, a small note at the top simply said "this order has been cancelled."

I sent them an email asking why and they replied saying that my credit card had been declined. I checked with American Express and sure enough, the charge had gone through on May 5. I called AllergyBeGone to ask why they cancelled the order when the charge, in fact, went through. An extremely rude woman named Rebecca wouldn't even let me get a complete sentence out.

As soon as I gave her the order number she shouted, "Yeah I got your email. Your card was declined! Call your credit card company!" I kept trying to explain to her that the charge actually went through, because I was looking right at it on my Amex transaction records, but she refused to listen. She literally interrupted me every time I started to speak, and she kept getting louder and louder. Finally I hung up.

I sent her back an email along with proof from American Express that the charge in fact went through. A few minutes later a "supervisor" named Patricia called me at my work. She was even ruder than Rebecca. Again, every time I tried to speak she proceeded to shout me down. Sensing the conversation was going nowhere, I hung up. SHE THEN CALLED ME AGAIN at my office, and proceeded to lecture me about how I need to speak to her and how dare I hang up on her. Rather than getting in a fight with her, I hung up again. She then began barraging me with ALL CAPS emails, threatening to report me for harassment if I call or email again.

So the bottom line is, they have my $738, they refuse to ship me the air purifiers, they shout me down when I call them and they are threatening legal action against me if I continue to contact them. If this sounds like fun to you, then by all means feel free to shop with them. Personally, I will buy all of my allergy products from (((competitor's name redacted))) from now on.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/23/2013 02:50 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/allergybegonecom/internet/allergybegonecom-BEWARE-THEY-CHARGED-MY-CREDIT-CARD-BY-NEVER-SHIPPED-VERY-RUDE-Inter-1053388. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on allergybegone.com