Complaint Review: AllGame Media, LLC

• Updated: Tue, July 09, 2013

• Reported By: dlm — Stop Scum Bag Businesses Other
AllGame Media, LLC
538 W. 21st Street, #77490 Houston, Texas USA

AllGame Media, LLC Have credit card information, will not respond to email, call center which they say is available 24/7 is not working. Want to charge $.99 to cancel on line, free if over the phone but they will not anser phone. This is a scam if I ever saw one. Houston Texas

In a Google search for a book, this site was suggested.   I did not want to join as a member or trial member.  There was a place for free member.   I clicked that section but was asked to provide all my information (name, address, phone, credit card number, expiration date, security code, etc).  I thought that was unusual to want all the credit card information since it was a FREE membership but provided it after reading that it was for address verification for georgraphical limitation within their company.  As soon as I tried to gain access to the book, a pop-up came on screen to "confirm the $9.99 fee".   I declined and kept trying to access something on their site.   You cannot get pass that $9.99 screen.

Their website and information boast about a 24/7 access with a toll-free number.   I have been trying for hours.   The recording will give you a choice for cancellation, billing, talk to a representative.   When you press "0" to reach the representative, it indicates no representative is available but the call would be placed in a queue and taken as received.  A few seconds later you hear a beep and then a recorded message saying thank you and good bye.  If you cancel through email/online, you are charged $.99 to cancel; however, you cannot get through on the phone.

I am quite concerned to have this company have access to my credit and personal information.  It is quite obvious they are not providing honest, reputable services.   I did complete a  form available on their website detailing my concerns but am not hopeful that I will receive a response.  In the meantime, these people have my information.

I saw just about the same time that I started trying to deal with them, another individual reported them on your site.  I hope that they can be stopped from continuing to scam unsuspecting people.

Thank you.

Below you will find the contents of the support request that I filed with them.  I have deleted my personal information:

I am very disappointed in your processes, procedures, phone inquiries, and generally in your entire operation.   I discovered your company through a Google search to find a specific book.   I signed up for the free service to acquire access to that ONE book.   I thought it was odd that you would ask for my credit card number, etc. but provided it after reading about address verification for geographical limitations.   As far as I can understand, this entire procedure is nothing but a huge farce.   Since I cannot gain access to anything without a sneaky little screen that pops up that tries to get you to confirm to a $9.99 fee, I do not want to be involved with anything to do with your organization or products that you provide.    When I try to cancel,  I see that it costs $.99 just to cancel on-line.   Further instructions lead you to a 24/7 toll free number to cancel for free.   I have called that number several times, as well as the Primary number only to get a recording that no representatives are available right now and my call would be placed in a "queue" for the next available rep.  Within seconds, I hear a beep and then a recorded voice saying "good bye".   I am very concerned about all aspects of your business and the fact that you have my credit card and personal information.   Please provide me written verification that my membership has been cancelled.  More importantly, please verify in writing that my credit information has not been/will never be used, shared, and has been deleted from all systems.   Upon you providing me written proof that my membership and credit information has been cancelled and deleted from your records, please delete my email from your registry.   I do not want to have anything to do with an organization that does not operate in an ethical manner.   Below you will find the information needed to complete my request.  Name:  _______Reference number: ________Phone number:________

Thank you in advance for a quick response and closure to this complaint.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/09/2013 10:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AllGame-Media-LLC/Houston-Texas-77008-3642/AllGame-Media-LLC-Have-credit-card-information-will-not-respond-to-email-call-center-w-1065562. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AllGame Media, LLC