Complaint Review: allianz global

• Updated: Mon, July 16, 2012

• Reported By: k — madison Mississippi United States of America
allianz global
P.O. Box 71533 Richmond, Virginia United States of America

allianz global Allianz Global Assistance failed to pay travel insurance claim Richmond, Virginia

*Consumer Comment: Allianz is a RIP off

*Author of original report: pre existing MY A

*UPDATE Employee: Jackie, Help Team

I purchased travel insurance in March 2012 for Travel late April 2012. My son became sick and was in hospital. I cancelled my trip and they denied my insurance as they said my son has a preexisting condition. I was first told just get a statement from DR and they would refund the money. I did this then they wanted a form filled out so since we had an appointment with a DR we had him fill it out.

The form they have the Dr fill out can be ambiguous and asked did he have a preexisting condition which he had/has been diagnosed with acute colitis for over 10 years. Since he had a preexisting condition 120 day before purchase of insurance they were going to deny the claim. We called for a status and found this out and we explained the situation and they said get us more documents which we did for the Hospitalist and the Hospital admittance and discharge records.

We sent them 25 June yet on 5 July they were still not in the file so we sent them again yet they made a final decision during this period to deny the claim. They told us they have no appeal process even if we have more records. The reason he was in hospital was not due to preexisting condition rather some unknown problem. In fact as of my sons 9 July appointment with the same Dr that filled out the form is recommending we take him to Mayo clinic as he still does not know what is wrong with our son.

The Dr is working now on our referral to Mayo. The Drs have some ideas of what is wrong with him but cannot confirm anything. Bottom line he was not in hospital due to his preexisting condition of acute colitis rather some unknown problem so how can you have a preexisting condition that they have not been able to identify? This company failed to receive our documents in a timely manner told us to get information in one way then another refused to take additional information and even the DR said he would call them and he was upset about this and felt it was his fault if he had known he would have filled the form out differently.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/12/2012 07:45 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/allianz-global/Richmond-Virginia-23286/allianz-global-Allianz-Global-Assistance-failed-to-pay-travel-insurance-claim-Richmond-Vi-910706. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on allianz global

Allianz is a RIP off

AUTHOR: ALLIANZ ASSISTANCE INSURANCE - ()

Everything is pre existing to them..worse mistake I ever made...better business bureau next stop, for me sorry about ur troubles,then this. Bull.

Me too

pre existing MY A

AUTHOR: k macnealy - (United States of America)

Everyone has something that is preexisting yet if you are in the hospital for something else this company will find a way not to pay. RIPOFF   The hospital records clearly show that he was not in the hospital for nor was discharged for anything to do with acute colitis.    RECORDS CLEARLY SHOW He had a spot on the lungs and a spot on the kidneys  and the records clearly show they thought it was cancer at one time. Why are they sending him now to Mayo Clinic with a undiagnost condition. You say he had acute colitis for 15 years so he had a pre existing condition but he was not in hospital for colitis. THE RECORDS CLEARLY SHOW they dont know what his final diagnosis was and the test never confirmed what it was that is why they are sending him to MAYO.  YOUR company is no more than a rip off. Now that I have done internet research I wish I would have never bought it you have done this to bunches of people.  It is like someone being diagnoist with brain cancer and then having a heart attack you would say he had a preexisting condition or better yet having high colesteral then having a heart attack that is preexisting.

YOU ARE A RIPOFF IF YOU BUY THIS INSURANCE DONT LET YOUR DOCTOR PUT ANYTHING DOWN ABOUT YOUR MEDICAL HISTORY UNLESS YOU REALLY DID HAVE HEART PROBLEMS AND WERE BEING TREATED ALL THE TIME THEN HAVE A HEART ATTACK I COULD UNDERSTAND. I dont beleive in lying and I am not saying to lie what I am saying is when there form ask does this patient have any preexisitng conditions if it had nothing to do with why you were sick dont have them put it down. We talked to the DR and he said he would call etc but they say we already made our decision and we have no appeal. They did not even file all the documents we sent they were still on someones computer they say had a death in the family yet they still made a decsision off paritial information. RIPOFF RIPOFF

COMPANY IS RIPOFF CENTRAL

Jackie, Help Team

AUTHOR: Access America Help Team - (USA)

Hello,

Jackie from the Help Team here.   We're sorry to hear that you had to cancel your trip, and wish your son a healthy recovery.  We apologize that we were unable to provide you with coverage in your situation; one thing Id like to point out is that travel insurance is like any other type of insurance in that there are terms, conditions and exclusions that affect coverage.  As you may know,  the product you purchased did not include coverage for existing medical conditions.  We want consumers to make informed decisions when it comes to travel insurance, which is why we encourage all of our customers to take advantage of our 10-day Satisfaction Guarantee.  The Guarantee provides them with the opportunity to go over the insuring agreement weve provided and make sure that the insurance will meet his or her needs.  If our customers find that their purchased policy doesnt meet their needs, they can cancel it and receive a full premium refund.

Should you have additional questions on the outcome of your claim, or if youd like to get a better understanding of the policy you purchased, please call our customer service line at 1-800-419-8016. Once again, we apologize that we were unable to cover you in your situation, and wish you and your family the best.

Regards,