Complaint Review: Allianz Travel Insurance

• Updated: Fri, May 03, 2013

• Reported By: anonymous — Kenosha Wisconsin
Allianz Travel Insurance
9950 Mayland Drive Richmond, Virginia USA

Allianz Travel Insurance purchased travel insurance while booking tickets for business, business trip was cancelled, no refund Richmond Virginia

*UPDATE Employee: Help Team

I was supposed to fly to NC for a business trip on the 5th of May 2013. I booked the flight on Orbitz on the 1st and for the extra $30.00 I got the travel insurance. On the 2nd I was informed that the trip was no longer necessary. I called Orbitz and was then told to call Allianz travel Insurance for the refund. Surprise!!! You can only get a refund if you get fired from your job. This is the worst rip off! I will NEVER even use Orbitz again for recommending this crap. Caveat Emptor!!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/03/2013 08:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allianz-Travel-Insurance/Richmond-Virginia-23233/Allianz-Travel-Insurance-purchased-travel-insurance-while-booking-tickets-for-business-1048169. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allianz Travel Insurance

Help Team

AUTHOR: Sarah - ()

Dear Anonymous,

I am sorry that the travel insurance you purchased did not cover your specific situation.  While we have designed our products to cover the most common unforeseen situations our customers might encounter, not all events and situations are ones which trigger coverage in our insurance programs.

We want consumers to make an informed choice when it comes to purchasing insurance, which is why we provide a link to review the policy’s terms and conditions.  With this link, we offer a 10-day free look, so should you decide the coverage doesn’t work for you, you can get a full refund for the policy.

If you have further questions about the outcome of your claim, or would like someone to walk you through the policy you purchased in full detail, please don’t hesitate to call our customer service line at 1-800-284-8300.

Regards,