Complaint Review: Allied Home Warranty

• Updated: Thu, October 04, 2012

• Reported By: David — Houston Texas United States of America
Allied Home Warranty
Houston, Texas United States of America

Allied Home Warranty Lonestar Repair Fraudulant Repairs, Exorbitant Pricing, Deceptive Business Practices Houston, Texas

We have had quite a time with Allied Warranty and Lone Star Repair. One of our three A/C units was not cooling so notified Allied of this (8-28-12) and Lone Star Repair was dispatched.  In the interim, I read some negative reviews of Lonestar Repair, the most glaring being their membership in BBB was revoked in February 2012. The service man inspected our unit (8-29-12) and informed us that there were too many leaks to repair it and it had to be replaced. I received a bid the next day for 4 models of 1.5 ton A/C unit ranging from$ 5500 to $9000.  This is minus the $1500 Allied would pay.  So add $1500 to these bids for the "real" prices. This is outrageous and I knew it.  We had a another serviceman come out and add two pounds of freon and capacitor for $250 and it works fine.   I contacted Allied and first was told there is no affiliation between the two entities but they later admitted it. On the BBB site, it says they are affiliated.  I quick perusal of  ripoffreport.com shed more light on the subject.  Others have had this same experience, multiple similar complaints.  Andrew White is the CEO and "hides" the Lonestar Repair under the name Sweat Equity LP.  I went on Linkedin and he is there with his picture and both companies listed.  Checked out the Secretary of State website to verify these entities have the same address on Richmond in Houston. Yet, the employees deny it.  They don't return phone calls and everyone goes "dumb" when you call in with legitimate claims and questions.  I finally got a confirmation 9-6-12 that they will cancel my account minus prorated amount and $25 administration fee.  I should receive a credit in 4 - 6 weeks, supposedly.

In the interim, I sent this information to two real estate agent friends of mine.  Both of whom contacted the sales rep for these companies.  One of my friends forwarded me the arrogant, condescending response she had to my email.  he has heard nothing from her in the last month.  Please warn people not to use this company.  They are unscrupulous and fraudulent.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/04/2012 03:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allied-Home-Warranty/Houston-Texas-/Allied-Home-Warranty-Lonestar-Repair-Fraudulant-Repairs-Exorbitant-Pricing-Deceptive-Bu-950917. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allied Home Warranty