Complaint Review: AllStar Towing

• Updated: Mon, April 12, 2010

• Reported By: Michelle — Arlington Texas United States of America
AllStar Towing
cartwright st, Dallas Tx Dallas, Texas United States of America

AllStar Towing Tow man and manager were out to make a buck lookin for cars that did not live in apts Dallas, Texas

*Consumer Suggestion: Illegal Activity

I was visiting my cousin at her apartment and my son seven yr old son noticed this man doing something to my car, so he yelled 'hey this is my car what are you doing the tow man swung a stick at my son missing him while telling him to get his a** off the car. My son had his hand on the front of the car. When i came outside the man hurry up got in his truck and tried pulling off while i was yelling "what are you doing and y are you taken my car?'" The man took off wrecklessly almost hitting my son. I chase him a kind lady offered to follow him. As we were following him he was speeding down the road had my car in two lane almost hitting several cars. When we made it to Allstar towing i asked the man why did he do that. He explained that he was targeting cars that did not live over there and that he knew all the cars that did. He also told me if that i needed to be beating my son a** for trying to save my car. they charged me 162.65 to get my car back from out of there storage. On the next business day i spoke to the manager and she agreed that he was write for taking my car and that the courts would do nothing about it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/12/2010 02:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/AllStar-Towing/Dallas-Texas-/AllStar-Towing-Tow-man-and-manager-were-out-to-make-a-buck-lookin-for-cars-that-did-not-li-592442. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on AllStar Towing

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Illegal Activity

AUTHOR: Texas Towing Compliance - ()

First of all, the tow truck operator, when confronted by the vehicle owner, is required by State Law to offer a drop fee, instead of driving away with your vehicle. Since the tow truck operator didn't allow the vehicle owner to pay a drop fee, instead of driving off with the vehicle, this is a clear violation of the Texas Towing Law. I highly suggest the vehicle owner file a complaint with the Texas Department of Licensing & Regulations since Allstar has been fined once before for this same illegal conduct. To file an online complaint, go to www.tdlr.texas.gov/complaints

Pat Johnson, Founder