Complaint Review: Allstate Insurance

• Updated: Sun, September 01, 2013

• Reported By: Stephen F. W — Oak Park Michigan
Allstate Insurance
20600 Telegraph Road, Suite 2160 Bingham Farms, Michigan USA

Allstate Insurance Alvin Bates, Jr. Agency Derogatory, and racial, slurs, as well as insults from co-worker. Bingham Farms Michigan

To whom it may concern, The purpose of this letter is to document the events which occurred on 08/30/2013 in the Alvin Bates, Jr. Allstate Insurance Agency. After greeting my client, and seating him in the conference room, I was on my way to get him some water, when my co-worker, Tammie Todd, told me that there was someone on the phone, and I needed to take a payment. Now, Ms. Todd was very aware that I had a client in the office, so I told her that I was in a meeting, and she needed to take the payment herself. Ms. Todd replied, "Oh, you ain't shit nigga!" I said, "excuse me? She said, "you heard me nigga, you ain't shit!" At first I tried to walk away and continue my task of obtaining the water for my client.

However, Ms. Todd, then stated, "you ain't nothing but a boy!" At that point, I stopped and said, "I am not a nigga, or a boy. I am a man!" Ms. Todd continued to call me a boy several more times; yet, during our verbal confrontation, I never disrespected her; nor, called her out of her name. I had never been so embarrassed, ashamed, nor angry, in my life. I'm still upset, hurt, as well as in disbelief, even more now than when it was occurring. The more I think about it the angrier I get at how I was the victim and was victimized again by the threat of losing my job for something, in which, I did not initiate.

I was just trying to do my job. At this point, Mr. Bates, Jr. comes out of his office, gets in my face, and tells me to be quite and shut up. Meanwhile, my client is sitting in the conference room listening to everything which was transpiring. Later, Mr. Bates called me into his office defending Tammie Todd. I was in disbelief! Mr. Bates kept telling me to be quite, and would not listen to neither my, nor the clients, explanation of the events. Instead, I was sent home and was told he would decide whether, or not, I would have a job, with his agency, after the holiday. Nonetheless, unfortunately, this was not the first incident which I had had with this individual and the situations just continued to escalate; even though, I immediately notified Mr. Bates of my concerns.

Therefore, I wish to file a formal complaint of reverse sexual discrimination on the grounds of the derogatory statements Ms. Todd. For instance, the word nigga, at least to myself, is very hurtful, and one of the worst things which anyone could call an African American. Also, the word boy was commonly used, in the south, as another derogatory word to belittle black men. Just as I told Ms. Todd, as well as Mr. Bates, I am forty four years and I am not nobody's boy. Not to mention, I'm definitely not anyone's nigger neither. Thank you four your time, consideration, and assistance into this matter. Best regards,

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/01/2013 12:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allstate-Insurance/Bingham-Farms-Michigan-48025/Allstate-Insurance-Alvin-Bates-Jr-Agency-Derogatory-and-racial-slurs-as-well-as-insu-1080853. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allstate Insurance