Complaint Review: Allstate Property and Casualty Insurance Company

• Updated: Wed, June 05, 2013

• Reported By: Brenda — Glen Burnie Maryland
Allstate Property and Casualty Insurance Company
1819 Electric Road SW Roanoke, Virginia USA

Allstate Property and Casualty Insurance Company They'll ruin your credit Roanoke Virginia

My car had been insured by Allstate for well over 10 years but rather than my premiums going down, they continued to increase each year even though I have a spotless driving record. I called Allstate in March 2013 to cancel my auto policy after getting a much better quote from one of their competitors. I gave the effective date of cancellation and made the customer service rep repeat that date to me several times. A month later, I received a bill from them and a threat to cancel that policy. So I called them and went over all of the information with a different rep. She stated that the effective date of cancellation for that policy was a month AFTER the one that was confirmed on my first call.

At this point, I suggested they listen to the recorded call from a month prior. They do state at the start of all calls that they will be recorded for quality assurance. But instead, she asked me to fax proof of my new insurance effective date to clear up the matter. The following morning I had my new insurer fax the proof. I also called Allstate a week later to be sure that my policy was indeed cancelled and proof of my new insurance had been received. This rep confirmed that information. Now I get a notice that my past due amount has been sent to a collection agency. I again called Allstate and again relayed all information to yet another customer service rep. I again requested that somebody there listen to all of my recorded calls. Instead I was asked to fax proof of my new insurance effective date AGAIN.

My credit history is in jeapardy because nobody is willing to listen to my call placed in March. That call will clear the matter up. It's a simple request, yet they are making me jump through hoops to prove what their recorded files will show. At this point, I have no faith that they will erase the debt from my credit report.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/05/2013 07:27 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Allstate-Property-and-Casualty-Insurance-Company/Roanoke-Virginia-24018/Allstate-Property-and-Casualty-Insurance-Company-Theyll-ruin-your-credit-Roanoke-Virgin-1056551. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Allstate Property and Casualty Insurance Company

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC