Complaint Review: Alltel

• Submitted: Wed, April 15, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, April 15, 2009

• Reported By:Ossineke Michigan
Alltel
www.Alltel.com Alpena, Michigan U.S.A.

Alltel Agents Say One Thing And The Company Says Another! Alltel should implement better business practices! Alpena Michigan

*Consumer Comment: Another person complaining about service NOT received by Alltel

I have been an Alltel customer on and off in the last 6 years and due to the limited providers in my area I had to go back to them! If I had my choice I would go with T-Mobile...
First the local agent sold us on the data family plan, but I didn't want to be committed for two years! I simply wanted to see what it could do and the agent told me that if I did not like it I could drop down to a lower plan. Well, I tried to drop one of our phones down to just talk and the person at Alltel (customer service) stated that they couldn't/ wouldn't do that- I was given the wrong information by the local agent. Fine, I guess I will be locked in for two years! Recently, I had been wondering where my military discount was- because that was one of the selling points for going with Alltel and so I called up the Alltel CS again and they told me that the plan I had excluded me from claiming my military discount! I stated that there was no mention of this and I don't see why it would matter! I guess I should have gone with the "other provider in my area because I really went only went back to Alltel because of these two things. You can bet after my contract is up- I will be looking elsewhere! I believe it is a rip-off that the agents say one thing and the Alltel CS says another! Bad business practice and this should be considered some sort of breech of contract!

Mike
Ossineke, Michigan

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/15/2009 06:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alltel/Alpena-Michigan-49707/Alltel-Agents-Say-One-Thing-And-The-Company-Says-Another-Alltel-should-implement-better-b-443931. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alltel

Another person complaining about service NOT received by Alltel

AUTHOR: Bikebryan - (U.S.A.)

You state this information and service was done at an AGENT location. Guess what - that is a location that is NOT owned by Alltel and as such your complaint here is issued against the wrong company.

Also, shame on you blaming YOUR inablity to thoroughly research your purchase before closing it on a store or company. You should have done more research and/or asked more questions.

Finally, you don't get an additional discount on a SmartPack plan (Alltel does not have a "Data" plan, so please call it by what it is) as that plan is already discounted with free features.