Complaint Review: Alltel

• Submitted: Tue, July 08, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, May 02, 2009

• Reported By:Pembroke Georgia
Alltel
600 Northside Dr E # J Statesboro, Georgia U.S.A.

Alltel Charging for unanswered telemarketing calls, nights & weekends Statesboro Georgia

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: whoa

For the past four years up until May 2008, the plan my mother & I are on was costing us $105 a month. In May, we recieved a bill for $497.14. We went directly to the Alltel store in Statesboro where a young man by the name of Winchester was assigned to help us. He could not tell us why the bill was so high, and ended up talking to everyone in the store. Finally, he told us that someone had made a mistake, and we were never supposed to have free nights and weekends!

He talked us into signing up for the My Circle 10 Plan, which was an additional $40 a month, but was supposed to save us money. In June, the bill was $395.12. Where's the savings? I'm not seeing it.

Today, July 8, 2008, I called customer service and was told that we are infact supposed to get free nights and weekends, and the account would be credited, but that the phone calls from the telemarketers would not be reduced, and they amount to 236 minutes, and at $0.40 a minute, that's $236!

If anyone is starting a class action law suit, please call! Alltel is a ripoff.

Denise
Pembroke, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2008 07:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Alltel/Statesboro-Georgia-30458/Alltel-Charging-for-unanswered-telemarketing-calls-nights-weekends-Statesboro-Georgia-348989. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Alltel

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

whoa

AUTHOR: Nikkiflash - (U.S.A.)

unanswered calls do not count against your minutes. if you are so worried about telemarketers calling you, and if you cant distinguish those numbers from people you would normally talk to, i suggest going to www.donotcall.gov and registering both your cell #s.

it is a common misconception ( i dont know why ) but unanswered calls and also someone leaving you a voicemail does not count towards your airtime! trust me, i dont answer over 50 calls a day from my creditors and bill collectors, and i get enough voicemails to fill my inbox every single day. these calls have nothing to do with my minute usage, because i simply do not answer them.

checking your voicemail does in fact use your airtime, if you call from your cell phone. if you call it from your house phone though, that does not cost your phone any minutes whatsoever.

oh, and by the way. 236 minutes at 40 cents a minute is NOT $236, in fact its $94.40