Complaint Review: Ally

• Updated: Thu, September 19, 2013

• Reported By: LaToya — Malvern Arkansas
Ally
PO Box 380902 Bloomington, Minnesota USA

Ally Ally Auto Told me to send documents in regarding a claims check from the insurance company. Once they received the documents, refused to follow through. I was completely honest & they misled me. Bloomington Minnesota

*Consumer Comment: I have a suggestion

I filed a claim on my truck. My insurance sent me a check to Ally & I for repairs. I explained over the phone to many different employees of Ally that I was unable to find a body shop that would repair the truck for the amount of the check from the insurance($1203). I would have to pay alot more money out of pocket to a body shop. I explained that I found someone (a former repair man) to repair my truck for the amount of the insurance check. I made sure that I was honest & they understood my situation. The ally employee checked with her supervisor & told me that the only way they could honor my situation is if I payed the repairman of my choice, send them the insurance check, receipt, and insurance estimate. On my next payday, I had my truck  repaired. Once the truck was complete, I called ally again to make sure I had everything they told me that I needed to send. I wanted to be sure I had a clear inderstanding. The female ally employee that I spoke to the second time spoke to her supervisor & said that if I send them the insurance check with my endorsement, the receipt, & the insurance estimate they would  reimburse me on the money I spent for the repairs. This was the same information the other female employee that I spoke to before  told me. I sent the information in to ally to the address they gave me . Once they received the information, they refused to endorse the check because the receipt  wasn't from a body shop. I was very upset    because they misled me. I was completely honest, because I never tried to mislead them

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/19/2013 02:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ally-/Bloomington-Minnesota-55438-0902/Ally-Ally-Auto-Told-me-to-send-documents-in-regarding-a-claims-check-from-the-insurance-1085843. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ally

I have a suggestion

AUTHOR: stormy22 - ()

I have a suggestion. File a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.