Complaint Review: Ally auto financing

• Reported By: Bkkm — Buckeye Arizona United States of America
Ally auto financing
PO Box 78234 Bloomington, Minnesota United States of America

Ally auto financing formally GMAC Took a payment to soon Bloomington, Minnesota

Beware, I set up the auto pay online and was given a chance to change the payment due date and the amount to pay.

The first payment was due in two months,  and I changed the date from the 11th of the month to the 15th for future payments. They immediately took out the amount I changed the payment to ($50 more).

I called and asked why, and the automated service said my next payment would be due in June, however when I talked to the rep, he said no the payment would be taken out in May automatically.

My point is if I hadn't had the money in my acct they could have ruined my credit very easily, and why does the automated info have a different date? He said I did that and the computer doesn't lie.

If I did that I surely did't know I did and still why the difference on my paper statement and the automated information. Again it is set up to get them fees if the money isn't there. Very deceiving.

Also we had to buy a $1900 automotive protection plan to get a very small reduction in the interest rate. Pretty cheesey way to do business. The new car has a 60 month protection plan why do I need another one on top of that?

Refied the car with my credit union at a percentage point less. Customer Service was rude and not helpful. I asked for his supervisor and he said they would call back within 24 hours, never happened.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/23/2011 02:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ally-auto-financing/Bloomington-Minnesota-55438-0902/Ally-auto-financing-formally-GMAC-Took-a-payment-to-soon-Bloomington-Minnesota-721277. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ally auto financing