Complaint Review: Ally Van Lines

• Reported By: jdogg17873 — Glendale Arizona
Ally Van Lines
1489 W Palmetto Park Rd, Boca Raton, FL Boca Raton, Florida USA

Ally Van Lines Total Scam for moving services Boca Raton Florida

Company misrepresented on their service when the reservation was made- paid a deposit of $1,600 to hold the moving truck.  Two days prior to moving, I was contacted to confirm inventory - at that time they requested a further deposit based on weight limits changing- another $1,027 deposit was made at that time.  The remainder balance of the move would be paid in two payments- 50% on pickup and the remainder 50% on delivery based on weight of the truck.  I weighed every item in the contract to make sure I didn't exceed the weight limit.  The morning the mover showed up, he explained that I had more cubic feet than what they were told- I explained that my move was based on weight.  He said NO - it was based on cubic feet- all he had was a 15ft truck for a 3 bedroom house- a 1,000 cubic truck to move probably 1,500 cubic feet worth of furniture and boxes.  The mover wanted an extra $2,500 after Ally indicated I wouldn't pay more than the quoted price. [continued below]....

.....  I called Ally to notify them that the mover was asking for 50% more money that what Ally quoted me.  I was ignored by all representatives that originally worked with me on the move- instead was handled by some rude customer service rep that canceled the original mover that showed  up and told me they were getting another mover because this mover wanted more money.  They said my move would be delayed by a few days and said they couldn't guarantee the next moving company wouldn't charge me extra because of the same issues.  Asked for a refund after Ally couldn't satisfy the agreement- responded by saying my deposit of $2,700 may not be returned because I canceled after they couldn't accommodate me.  I rented a Uhaul truck after this and changed all plans for my move.  Very unsatisfied with services.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/27/2013 09:39 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ally-Van-Lines/Boca-Raton-Florida-33431/Ally-Van-Lines-Total-Scam-for-moving-services-Boca-Raton-Florida-1102764. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ally Van Lines