Complaint Review: Ally Van Lines

• Updated: Sun, October 20, 2013

• Reported By: Robin — Ogden Utah
Ally Van Lines
1489 West Palmetto Park Rd Boca Raton, Florida USA

Ally Van Lines,David Parker Smooth talking broker preys upon first time mover. Boca Raton Florida

My husband and I are moving across the country for his job. Plan "A" was a Penske moving truck. We had it all lined up but like a dummy I thought I would price compare. I gave my information to a moving quote web-site and then the calls came rolling in.

I ignored most of them because I was still hesitant about giving up control of our belongings. David Parker of Ally Van Lines just happened to call at the right time. He convinced me that going through him was waaaay cheaper than doing it ourselves. The original quote he gave sounded really great. I was convinced.

He had me at the computer at the protectmymove.gov website to assure me that he was legitimate. I tried to pay with a credit card, but he told me that I could save $100 if I could pay with a check. Probably my first mistake. Well, answering my phone was probably my first mistake. I put down a little over $1300 for a deposit.

Everything he told me over the phone, which persuaded me into the contract, was contradicted once I read the contract: No charge for extra weight after the quote(wrong), promised a specific load/pickup date (wrong), $100 off for paying with a check (wrong), services will be provided (wrong). These guys will take your money and "assume no responsibility".

The move was scheduled for this weekend and no one ever showed up. There was no phone call. When I called David, he just told me what I wanted to hear "I'll call dispatch and call you back", and then never got back with me. He also called me sweetheart a lot which I detest.

So, yes this is my fault. I trusted that there were good people out there, that this was a legitmate business and now my family is out a lot of money. Moving across the country is a big deal/risk for us. We are poor. Like, I live with my mother-in-law poor. So what I have learned from this experience is, don't go through a broker. Don't pay with a check. Even if you are feeling pressure to sign a contract or you may risk losing this great moving deal. Stop, breathe and read the contract before signing anything.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/20/2013 09:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Ally-Van-Lines/Boca-Raton-Florida-33431/Ally-Van-LinesDavid-Parker-Smooth-talking-broker-preys-upon-first-time-mover-Boca-Raton-1093328. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Ally Van Lines